DIY switch / Loop pedal - Need Help.

Started by clund, August 21, 2012, 03:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clund

Hey all - been a while since I posted but need some advice on how to combine 2 pedals in one.

Here is the story -- I have a 2 amp setup (Ceritone JCM800 clone and Orange TH30) and I run them with a Radial Headbone VT Valve amp switcher.   Works great on my setup but I use the Loop on the Orange to run Chorus, delay, reverb.   The JCM doesn't have a loop - which is okay - but when I use the JCM, I loose out on the ability to run Chorus, delay, etc.   I would like to build an ALL in ONE type standard switch and Loop control.

I built a Switch pedal that works with my Headbone -- Here it is:

But I'm looking to add that switch ability along with a loop like this:

SOOO....   I know the key to this will be to figure out how to pin out a 3PDT - If it can be done with one.

Here is a basic pedal layout that I was playing with.....   Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to wire this thing?  Or if it can even be done with one switch button.    THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

slacker

I can't tell from your picture what you're trying to do. Do you want to switch the headbone, and then if the orange is selected put the pedals in its FX loop and if the Marshall is selected put the pedals before it? That will need more than just a 3PDT stomp, it would probably be easier to build a second set of pedals for the Marshall ;D

clund

So here is a little schematic a worked up....   Does this look right?

slacker

You can do that with a 3PDT switch connect the LED and resistor between the top lug of the switch (where the purple wire is) and the sleeve of the jack. Then connect the tip of the jack to switch lug where the black wire is now. The rest of it looks good.
So the idea of this is to put some pedals in front of the Marshall and send guitar straight to amp when you select the Orange?