BLACK FOREST High Gain Preamp - Based on the Bogner Uberschall

Started by J0K3RX, September 01, 2012, 02:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caspercody

Hey JOK3RX,

Do you have the Rev 6 schematic?

Also, once I read you mention that the Sansamp once your favorite amp emu pedal out there. Do you still believe they are? And if not, what pedal(s) do yo feel are the best amp emu?

Thanks
Rob

J0K3RX

Quote from: caspercody on October 17, 2016, 02:50:29 PM
Hey JOK3RX,

Do you have the Rev 6 schematic?

Also, once I read you mention that the Sansamp once your favorite amp emu pedal out there. Do you still believe they are? And if not, what pedal(s) do yo feel are the best amp emu?

Thanks
Rob

Rob,

Yes, I have the rev 6 schematic.

Yes, I believe I said the "SanAmp Classic" was one of the best and yes, I still think it is one of the best, that is my opinion, of course. I still have a hard time believing that somebody actually reverse engineered one of the "Classic" pedals and the clones that I heard did not sound the same.. I had a SansAmp Classic and that thing was gooped bullet proof in some sort of epoxy and sandwiched between 2 pieces of white porcelain. No way anybody was able the get through that!

~ Jim
Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

caspercody

Thanks for your reply about the Sans amp!

Any way to see the Rev 6 schematic?

Thanks
Rob

briandress

Hunter

Good evening.
I need a valid schematic of the BF5. Could someone please share?

bamslam69

Hey Hunter, I asked this a year ago (previous page)... this pedal is still on my to-do list.
Here is J0k3rx's reply. FYI.
Cheers

Quote from: J0K3RX on June 07, 2016, 09:18:18 PM
Yeah, reply# 817 on page 41 should be good to go.. Been a while since I looked at all of them :icon_rolleyes:

The Screamin Eagle (ENGL) is the gtlab.net / guitarjfet.ru design with some minor changes and mods that I added along the way...

All files including the Sprint layout files can be downloaded here..
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m1u88kbmpavqmxa/AAB-EqzwuripkZM7uDqVJqPwa?dl=0

Yeah Nah - Nah Yeah

Hunter

The link is invalid! There are no more files hosted there.

bamslam69

Can't check it from the work pc. but there might be a veroboard layout over on tagboardeffects.blogspot
Yeah Nah - Nah Yeah

J0K3RX

statzern

Anyone has the PCB etch PDF that goes with this layout file?

J0k3rx, I really like these modular type PCBs you've designed for these. Nice job man!

J0K3RX

Quote from: statzern on September 14, 2017, 10:38:02 AM
Anyone has the PCB etch PDF that goes with this layout file?

I posted a link to the etch transfer pdf file along with the link to the image in the Screamin Eagle post. You have to click on the tiny "Download document" hyperlink...

statzern

I'm sorry, I posted the wrong picture!! I meant this layout... I'm an idiot...

statzern

temol

This is my version of BF rev5. PCB I made is 114mm wide and barely fits into the enclosure (slightly larger than 1590BB) :(

T.

temol

Yesterday I played through BlackForest for a while. Sounds very powerfull, but one thing amazes me.. there is virtually almost no noise.. no hum.. even with gain at maximum. I had to make sure it's on.. I hope it's not broken :)

T.

temol

OK, it's me again..

Short recording, excuse me this lame playing. I`ve tried to reproduce bogner uberschall preset from pod hd500x. Of course using BF. My signal chain - guitar, pod/BF, audio interface, reaper with cab IR loaded.
sample #1 - BF on both channels, cab impulse response ON, touch of reverb.
sample #2 - pod hd500x on R channel, BF on L channel, cab impulse response ON, touch of reverb.
sample #3 - pod hd500x, IR ON
sample #4 - BF, IR ON
No furher processing.

And soundcloud link

T.

Singulano

Hey guys, long time but remember to back here... I relived a forgotten BF5 yesterday and still sounds good to me. The Engl so the same...

Quote from: temol on October 19, 2017, 03:13:44 AM
Yesterday I played through BlackForest for a while. Sounds very powerfull, but one thing amazes me.. there is virtually almost no noise.. no hum.. even with gain at maximum. I had to make sure it's on.. I hope it's not broken :)

T.

Yes, almost no noise!  :icon_biggrin:

fragresist

Hello all!

I'm a newbie in electronics but I really want to build an uberschall (Blacker Forest) preamp. Could anyone tell me what the 'VOICE' potentiometer (in the BF5 schematics) does, because I can't figure it out?

Thanks in advance. Cheers!

temol

It's a "variable" slope resistor in a tone stack. Detailed description of the tone stack is here. Also try this. You can visualize it's (voice) action by adjusting value of the R1.

T.