Turkey Day SHOOTOUT Competition

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, September 15, 2012, 02:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haveyouseenhim

Ok, I'm too impatient so here's the raw demo footage. We mic'd a cab and recorded during this video. So later we are going to patch the recording on to the video for better sound quality and voice over to explain the controls and what we're doing. My buddy Fish did all of the playing and foot modeling  :D   

The first video is clean channel and the second is the dirt channel

• SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

pinkjimiphoton

nice pedicure, mike!!

if you offset the videos by about 32 seconds, they sound pretty cool at the same time...

:icon_eek:

i love it!!! sounds great!!! gonna need a schematic!! i gotta spare crybaby shell, i think...

oh yeah, forgot, i'm a judge...

<must get stuffy>

"please submit the requisite gut shots and schematics for the entry submitted, so we can see all the info required to build one for the community"...

well done!! nice, i think i want some of that...

~dewey pink, breathing hard...
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

pakrat

That's a great sounding pedal Mike, lotsa useable stuff there. Too bad one of the prizes isn't a pair of shoes for your buddy Fish  ;D 

haveyouseenhim

@jimi   Thanks for the complement  :D   

@pakrat Lol   I told him to take his shoes off to reduce the chance of chipping any paint because I'm having a buddy take some professional pics of it in a few days. :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER

pinkjimiphoton

• SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

garcho

• SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Jdansti

Sounds as great as it looks, Mike!  Well done! ;D
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

oldschoolanalog

Nice job Mike! :icon_cool:
Looks like things are starting to heat up around here...
Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

Ronan

^ +1

2 days ago I found an intriguing circuit from the modular synth world, so I will give that a go. Otherwise its back to Plan A, which is built and tested but not boxed up.

Pelle, I did not see that Turkey on your previous overlay, is one of them a decoy?  :)

tuckster

Mike: hehe very nice and I have to say that this is much cooler than always showing socks.
  • SUPPORTER

digi2t

Man! This looks like it's gonna be a hot one!  :icon_eek:

Just so you all know, when Greg drew up the score sheet, each catagory was based on a 0 - 5 point spread. When he presented it to Jimi and myself, I requested that the points be based on a 0 - 10 spread. Knowing the talent on tap here, I figured 5 points was just too tough to split in a tight race.

Now I'm wondering if 10 points is going to do the job.  ???

Maybe I'll break it down to tenths as well.  :icon_lol:

Seriously though, smashing work so far. Even my girlfriend, who hasn't one iota of knowledge insofar as this stuff is concerned, has been really impressed by the workmanship displayed so far. You guys are really making the judging tough.

Good on ya!! :icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

Govmnt_Lacky

One request for contest submissions...

Please submit ALL of the required info, videos, layouts, etc. in a single post.

This will help when the judging occurs. This way, the judges dont have to search the entire thread for piece parts of submissions.

Thanks and GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO ENTER!!!  ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Perrow

Quote from: Ronan on October 24, 2012, 05:26:35 AM
Pelle, I did not see that Turkey on your previous overlay, is one of them a decoy?  :)

One of them is a competition entry and one is the overlay I'll publish. Don't think everyone will want a turkey build. Regretfully the copper side of the board is hidden in the finished build (i.e. will be hidden).

I've drilled the enclosure, tested that everything will fit and got a coat of primer on, hopefully I'll get the paint on tonight and a water slide tomorrow.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on October 24, 2012, 08:55:43 AM
One request for contest submissions...

Please submit ALL of the required info, videos, layouts, etc. in a single post.

This will help when the judging occurs. This way, the judges dont have to search the entire thread for piece parts of submissions.

Thanks and GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO ENTER!!!  ;D

After I get the sound samples together, I'll make a new post with everything.

Is posting the layout is a requirement?    I kinda just mashed up a couple layouts and did some improvising to get what I want. Plus my computer can't handle DIYLC. It freezes up with it constantly.

• SUPPORTER

Vallhagen

... a few steps closer  :)

This is - by far - my most ambitious homedesigned/-etched project so far. Im not even sure it will fit in a BB. Yep, this is fun!

Vallhagen

oldschoolanalog

@ Vallhagen: Hmm... I sense some sort of delay w/"features" going on here...  ;)
Nice etching job BTW!  :icon_cool:
Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

Govmnt_Lacky

RULES CLARIFICATION REGARDING LAYOUTS:

You DO NOT HAVE TO provide a layout with your submission. If you create a custom layout you can choose not to include it with your submission HOWEVER, bonus points will be given to those who submit custom layouts.

If you use another "person's" layout either in full OR in part.... You MUST credit the original layout designer if known.

Example: if you build a modified Phase 90 and tweaked the Tonepad layout to do something different or better, you MUST credit Tonepad as the original layout creator.

If you do not know whether your custom layout is custom enough (I.e. you based it on another layout) then play it safe and credit the originator just in case.

We don't want any sore forumites or cranky circuit designers   ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on October 24, 2012, 08:13:47 PM
bonus points will be given to those who submit custom layouts.

I guess I'll go fire up the ole dumpster computer and install DIYLC :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER

defaced

Ok, that pulse wah looks like a fun pedal to play.  I don't know if I could find a use for it in my typical genre of music, but it certainly sounds cool. 

Quote... a few steps closer  Smiley

This is - by far - my most ambitious homedesigned/-etched project so far. Im not even sure it will fit in a BB. Yep, this is fun!
That is a killer looking etch.  I've had to re-vamp my etching procedure for the project I'm working on for this comp and I hope like hell it looks half as good as that.  Bravo on superb quality fine sir. 
-Mike