Turkey Day SHOOTOUT Competition

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, September 15, 2012, 02:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

ATTENTION PERSPECTIVE CONTESTANTS!!!

We have a new addition to the prizes pool. This will mean we will have a total of 6 winners  ;D

The new prize is as follows:

- A prize pack of your choice of 3 PCBs/ shipped to the winner in accordance to the rules in the initial post (Courtesy of Jacob at JMK PCBs)

Also, we are going to ask that ALL contestants who plan to enter have their entry fee paid no later than 30 days from this post. If we do not have the required 15 entries by this time and date then the contest will be pulled and money will be refunded. (We DEFINITELY DO NOT want this. We wanna see some great builds!!)

Good luck to all that plan to enter and all that have entered thus far  ;D

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

pinkjimiphoton

that's the gum i am talking about.

here's the sternoface, gonna take it out tonite and rock the living piss out of it. ;)

if it survives, then it will be my humble contribution to the prizes.

edit....oops...fergot rhe dang pitcher!!

• SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: Jdansti on September 18, 2012, 04:27:06 PM
Alright, suckas, I'm in.  :icon_twisted:

I bet your wife is getting tired of you stealing the toilet seat.   :D
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on September 18, 2012, 05:53:43 PM

here's the sternoface, gonna take it out tonite and rock the living piss out of it. ;)

STUPID PEDAL TRICKS!!
STUPID PEDAL TRICKS!!
STUPID PEDAL TRICKS!!

;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Jdansti

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on September 18, 2012, 07:09:02 PM
Quote from: Jdansti on September 18, 2012, 04:27:06 PM
Alright, suckas, I'm in.  :icon_twisted:

I bet your wife is getting tired of you stealing the toilet seat.   :D

Maybe I should just use the whole toilet this time. That way I could sit and play!  At least the smell would match my playing ability! :-\
  • SUPPORTER

haveyouseenhim

• SUPPORTER

Perrow

Entry fee paid, if only to help ensure the minimum contestant count gets filled, I have no idea yet what to build.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

Ronan

I like the rules, stress not judges, its all good. Through-hole analogue on diy pcb/vero/perf, true DIY.
I consider the entry fee to be a donation to Aron's store/website, plus I might have a bit of fun building something I have wanted to try but never got around to it. I have progressed about 3% of the way towards completion:

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Perrow

My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

haveyouseenhim

^^^DQ'ed!!!!!  That thing looks suspiciously digital.
  • SUPPORTER

Jdansti

^^^^ Simple, yet elegant...  Where's my towel?

• SUPPORTER

pinkjimiphoton

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on September 18, 2012, 07:29:41 PM
Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on September 18, 2012, 05:53:43 PM

STUPID PEDAL TRICKS!!
STUPID PEDAL TRICKS!!
STUPID PEDAL TRICKS!!

;D

gotta wait a couple days, had a little mishap with some sheet metal last nite just after i posted that pic, and sliced my thumb to the bone. it was cool. bone looks really unnatural.
;)
the blood squirting was epic; bella the wonder dog got some in her i think, now she sleeps upside down hanging by her back paws in the closet, and has an aversion to sunlight.
i can handle that, but the goth clothing has gotta go.. great. two pasty white creatures of darkness here now.

so...rather than go get the 3-4 stitches i should have gotten,i opted to go play my tuesday nite gig. i got very hammered and let any creep that wanted to molest my gear.

it was revolting and pathetic, like...and i just sang my non-small ass off (tho i did play some bass and guitar, too).

what's the point of this revelation?

well, the point is, i took THIS sterno face out and put it thru it's paces last nite, and it survived the night and i think will make some poor disturbed soul very happy for turkey day.

now i realize you may think, "oh....YAFF. HOW EXCITING. yawn"

but this is a little different...the sterno face has the front end of a fuzzface, but it's ass end is MOSFET.

so...it's kinda a fuzz... but wait! it's kinda an overdrive... for a distortion.

stay tuned for stupid pedal trick part A, where i will introduce the sterno face circuit...

and part b, after the dubiously lucky winner is announced, where i will do another stupid pedal trick announcing the winner and giving them undeserved props and kudos and accolades and
crap like that, for the ultimate pimpin' rights to pwn pink here...

"as a matter of fact, this video is made for ME, revel in my AWESOMENESS!!!"...

the best part of THIS prize....  may be the video. ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

haveyouseenhim

Ouch. I know that feel. Did you take pictures? :icon_twisted:
  • SUPPORTER

pinkjimiphoton

not yet, wanna give it a few days to fester and necrotize   :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Jdansti

Does the winner get the thumb with the pedal?   :icon_eek:

Seriously, sorry to hear about that. Keep it clean and some antibiotic goop on it till it heals. Thumbs are kinda important to building stomp boxes and playing!
  • SUPPORTER

pinkjimiphoton

thanks john, i'll be ok. fugger just hurts...where i sliced it no matter what i do, i end up using it.

if, however, it was a clean amputation, i'd gladly send the thumb, too...someone could make an ear guage out of it, or something.

sadly, no blood was spilled on this box, so no magickal mojo will be in it's dna. ;)

was a chunk of amp chassis that messed me up.
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

aron

Make sure you send me your forum name if you have entered. Some of the orders don't have a username.