Turkey Day SHOOTOUT Competition

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, September 15, 2012, 02:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkjimiphoton

• SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

digi2t

Thank you Dave, for pitching in to sweeten the pot.

I'm really hoping to see lots of entries. With this many prizes up for grabs, it would be a crying shame to have to cancel due to lack of entries.

A crying shame I tell you!

Crying..... :icon_cry:

Shame.... :icon_redface:

I'm telling you..... :icon_wink:

:icon_lol:

• SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

pinkjimiphoton

that's it...spamming the forum. god have mercy on my soul...
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Govmnt_Lacky

ATTENTION PERSPECTIVE CONTESTANTS!!!
We have 2 more gracious prize donation to add to the mix....

- DIY grab bag! 2 pcs MN3007; 2 pcs MN3101 (clock), 20 pcs genuine (from Mouser) Fairchild 2N5952, some other  LDR's/optocouplers and components. Courtesy of Dave (oldschoolanalog)
-$50 in store credit courtesy of Brian (madbeanpedals)

THAT MAKES 8 TOTAL PRIZES FOLKS!!!!

So.... who is gonna take the Turkey Day challenge to claim these lovely prizes??  ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

pinkjimiphoton

damn!!
note to self.... ::)

next time, dumbass, don't be a judge, so you can enter an awesome contest like this!!   :icon_twisted:

some serious prizes this time out!! :icon_mrgreen:
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Perrow

At the rate prizes are added to this competition I suspect anyone who submits a build will win at least one prize  :icon_eek:
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

pinkjimiphoton

it's a 50-50 shot right now, perrow...
i mean, we have 8 prizes, and 8 contestants.

when we have the minimum 15 contestants, that's better than 50-50 odds of winning!! pretty hard to beat, it's better than a fixed voting machine in ohio, for god's sake. ;)

:icon_mrgreen:
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Perrow

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on September 25, 2012, 02:18:06 PM
it's a 50-50 shot right now, perrow...
i mean, we have 8 prizes, and 8 contestants.

when we have the minimum 15 contestants, that's better than 50-50 odds of winning!! pretty hard to beat, it's better than a fixed voting machine in ohio, for god's sake. ;)

If I risk becoming POTUS in this competition I want my money back  :icon_evil:

My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

pinkjimiphoton

your first name ain't ross, is it perrow? lol
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

pakrat

I think it's extremely generous of you guys to run this competition! Just sent my entry fee  :icon_eek:

oldschoolanalog

Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

pinkjimiphoton

good luck pakrat!!

yah, dave...7 prizes still to be won!! ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Govmnt_Lacky

This fella' is looking for a NEW home!!!  8)

Hopefully it will get a new owner  ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America

oldschoolanalog

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on September 25, 2012, 04:44:21 PM
good luck pakrat!!
yah, dave...7 prizes still to be won!! ;)
Dudes got mad skills!  ;D
Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Jdansti on September 26, 2012, 01:28:33 AM
I want it!  What is it?

Custom Digitech XP ALL. The power of an XP100, XP200, XP300  :icon_eek:, and XP400 all in one pedal! AND...... you dont need to unplug it to switch programs  ;D

Hopefully... someone will get to win it!!!

STILL NEED MORE ENTRIES INTO THE COMPETITION!!!  :icon_mrgreen:
Dont hesitate any longer.... get in the game for a chance to win these lovely prizes!!!

WhenBoredomPeaks

the first post was not enough clear for me, what matters this time, the look of the finished pedal (paint/decals/knobs etc), the sound or originality? in other words which one is preferred, a pretty fuzzface or an ugly original design?

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: WhenBoredomPeaks on September 26, 2012, 10:03:35 AM
the first post was not enough clear for me, what matters this time, the look of the finished pedal (paint/decals/knobs etc), the sound or originality? in other words which one is preferred, a pretty fuzzface or an ugly original design?

I suppose that it was not "clearly" defined as to what the judges will be looking for. I believe that I can speak for the rest of the judges when I say that the MOST IMPORTANT factor in the judging will be DO I WANT THIS ON MY PEDALBOARD!

When I say this I mean the most important factor will be the SOUND of the end result. Of course, esthetics, originality, layout, wiring, use of space, etc. will ALL be judging criteria BUT, in the end.... if it looks fantastic but doesn't SOUND great then it may score a bit lower than a pedal that look "good" but sounds FANTASTIC!!!

Of course, I wouldn't slack on the overall look either  ;) Go all out and you never know  ;D

oldschoolanalog

Just a quick Q/note. Lets hypothetically say one  ::) were to make something similar to a Roland AP7 Jet Phaser. This is one effect however is two distinctly different circuits. All on one board. The distortion part and the phaser part. Now, while it cannot be used as a stand alone distortion, there are modes for just clean phaser as well as dist + phase. Two very different sounding f/x in one unit. This is a bit of a "grey area". Is this considered two circuits or one? One or two entry fees?  :icon_confused: