Turkey Day SHOOTOUT Competition

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, September 15, 2012, 02:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Ronan on September 28, 2012, 08:30:07 AM
BTW, how many times can I enter? ;)

As many as you would like. If you have 5 pedals you want to enter, that is 5 entry fees AND 5 possible chances of winning ;)

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

Govmnt_Lacky

At the behest of some forumites, I am re-listing the prize pool for those of you who have joined us late  ;D

PRIZES:

Prizes will be awarded in order of ranking. Basically, when all of the entries are judged, they will be given a final score. The 8 highest scores will be deemed the winners. The winner with the highest score will have his/her choice of prizes from the pool. When that person chooses then the next highest scoring winner will have their choice of the remaining prizes, and so on until the final winner (8th place) will receive the remaining prize.

Prize#1 -- $25 in credit to Smallbear electronics w/ free shipping. Courtesy of Steve.
Prize#2 – Custom Vocalizer pedal build shipped to winner. Courtesy of Digi2t.
Prize#3 – Custom Digitech XP ALL (XP 100, 200, 300, and 400 in one box! And you don't have to power it down to switch effects!!!) Shipped to winner. Courtesy of Govmnt_Lacky.
Prize#4 – Custom "Stupid Pedal Tricks" Pedal shipped to winner. Courtesy of pinkjimiphoton.
Prize#5 – Store credit to DIYStomp store in the amount of the entry fees (minus shipping costs). Courtesy of the entrants and Aron.
Prize#6 -- A prize pack of your choice of 3 PCBs from JMK PCBs shipped to the winner in accordance to the rules in the initial post. Courtesy of Jacob
Prize#7 -- $50 in store credit to madbeanpedals. Courtesy of Brian "bean"
Prize#8 -- Grab bag of "Modulation Junkie" build parts to include: (2)TL072, (2)MN3007, (2)MN3101, (2)V3205, (2)V3102, and (20)2N5952 shipped to the winner in accordance with the rules in the initial post. Courtesy of Dave "oldschoolanalog"

ALL OF THE 8 WINNERS WILL RECEIVE A LARGE (Sorry folks... Large is the ONLY size available) DIYSTOMPBOXES T-SHIRT COURTESY OF ARON AND DIYSTOMPBOXES.COM.

Deadline for entry fees is 23:59 on October 18th. Contest ends at 23:59 on Turkey Day... November 22nd.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO ENTER!!!  ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America

pinkjimiphoton

there is no limit to how many entries you can do, but you have to pay an entry fee for each circuit.

so...wanna ensure you win? enter 8 or 9 projects for 80 or 90 bucks, and odds are, seeing as how there's not enough entrants, you may well take one of the prizes home.

unless your stuff really sucks!!  :icon_mrgreen:
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

digi2t

Considering that an XP-1000, which pales in comparison to Greg's XP-ALL, goes for between 350 and 500 clams on EBay (when available!), I would enter at least 5 or 6 entries.

My Colorsound Vocalizer clone is already boxed, and ready to ship. Battery included! :icon_eek: Just needs a winner.

Come on people, tangible prizes here, no guff!

If some of you are jaded from the "1000 Competition", this is the forums chance at redemtion. We're adamant on running a tight ship here. This is what will ultimately ensure that this competition succeeds.

Besides, personally, I value my name and reputation enough to make sure that this baby works properly. After all, my name and reputation is only thing that will remain after I'm dead and buried, so I don't feel like messing with that. :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

oldschoolanalog

Quote from: digi2t on September 28, 2012, 11:47:02 AM
We're adamant on running a tight ship here. This is what will ultimately ensure that this competition succeeds.
Word. I can attest to that.  :icon_cool:
Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

pakrat

I'm shocked that you guys have to do so much work promoting this contest when the awesome prizes speak for themselves!

digi2t

Quote from: pakrat on September 28, 2012, 12:14:33 PM
I'm shocked that you guys have to do so much work promoting this contest when the awesome prizes speak for themselves!

It's beginning to feel as if this competition was called the "Touch a Leper Competition".  :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

Arcane Analog

I love these forum contests. Some of the most inspiring, entertaining and killer work out there comes from these. Looking forward to seeing the entries!

oldschoolanalog

Quote from: digi2t on September 28, 2012, 12:18:32 PM
It's beginning to feel as if this competition was called the "Touch a Leper Competition".  :icon_lol:
No. If it was called that, there would probably be 100+ entries by now.  :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

pakrat

Quote from: Arcane Analog on September 28, 2012, 12:24:21 PM
I love these forum contests. Some of the most inspiring, entertaining and killer work out there comes from these. Looking forward to seeing the entries!

+1 It really makes people bring out the big guns, and it actually makes me complete a build!

Govmnt_Lacky

This is the last time I am going to post about the following topic until October 18th.....

The submission deadline is the deadline. If builders want to wait until then to enter... that's cool! I can understand not wanting to put down your hard earned $10 unless you are absolutely sure! I can agree with that.

I will only attribute the "lack of entries thus far" to that fact!

Personally, I am far too busy to worry about it. I could be spending my time with the family or building some more boxes!  :icon_mrgreen:

I will say this, if we do not get the required entries by the required time... it will be a shame however, I will be comforted by the fact that we tried to do something good and honest for the forum, for Aron, and for us.

Also, it won't hurt to use some of the XP ALL eBay money to get a new axe!  :icon_twisted: I have been wanting one for a while now  :'(

That is all from me regarding this subject until October 18th..... NOW GET SIGNED UP AND GET TO BUILDING!!!!!!

Perrow

+1 on how fascinatingly slow the contestants are dropping in. I mean I started a "donate to this site" thread and people donated well over a hundred dollars to Aron within days with absolutely zero chance of getting any money back. If you can donate, why not enter this comp if only to make sure someone will win.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

pinkjimiphoton

people are just broke these days guys. i know sometimes i don't have 10 bux to my name.
give it time i guess, i'm not gonna keep pimpin' the party, if peeps don't want to, hey,
life goes on...and i can always keep my sterno face and give it to someone else.

but man...i'd think peeps would jump at some of the other prizes.

wtf
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

pakrat

I might pay for another entry just to beef up the pot, would that help at all?

Mustachio

Ill toss my hat in the ring :D

ill enter later tonight just hope I can make the deadline!
"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Mustachio on September 30, 2012, 05:36:05 PM
...just hope I can make the deadline!

Well, you have until 23:59 on October 18th so....

Sometime tonight should be good!  ;)

Remember... the more times you enter, the more chances you have to win these luxurious prizes!!

Sorry.. missed my calling as a Game Show announcer  :P

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: Mustachio on September 30, 2012, 05:36:05 PM
ill enter later tonight just hope I can make the deadline!

You should... A lil over a month and a half is a good bit of time. Well at least for me since I don't have a job. Just GED classes ;D   I aint too dern book smert, but I sure do know how to build them git-tar smashboxes.

• SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

Mustachio

Haha yeah I have time to enter but time to finish is another story. Been remodeling parts of my house on my own. lots of work I need to finish before it starts getting real cold. But I should be able to finish something up by T-day for the comp. I just wont sleep  :icon_lol:

Also haha at the meme!
"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

midwayfair

Just entered, and started designing something just for this. It might be completed just in time to be pedal #50 for me, provided I don't box up too many things between now and TG. :)
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!