Previous topic - Next topic

pakrat

I'm sorry John, I don't speak spanish  :D

Jdansti

Quote from: pakrat on November 16, 2012, 08:49:08 PM
I'm sorry John, I don't speak spanish  :D

I was just making a hetero joke.   ::)
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

pakrat

Jdansti

Quote from: pakrat on November 17, 2012, 02:03:58 AM
I was quoting anchorman   ;D

Oh...  I don't know much about nautical stuff.
  • SUPPORTER

oldschoolanalog

Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

pakrat

Jdansti

Hmm.  He doesn't look like a sailor.
  • SUPPORTER

Jdansti

One step closer to something to present. I've got my entry sounding pretty close to how I want it. I think I've spent more time on this one effect than I did on all five circuits that went into my entry for the last competition. Now to get the enclosure looking good.

I know that I'll be thankful when I present my turkey and this contest is over. ;)
  • SUPPORTER

garcho

QuoteI know that I'll be thankful when I present my turkey and this contest is over.

Right, so you can get started on the FX-mas contest?  ;D
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Jdansti

Quote from: garcho on November 18, 2012, 05:17:30 AM
QuoteI know that I'll be thankful when I present my turkey and this contest is over.

Right, so you can get started on the FX-mas contest?  ;D

I don't know if I'm masochistic to do that.  :o
  • SUPPORTER

defaced

Finally got my board etched today.  Tomorrow I start drilling and populating.  This is going to be cutting it super close :icon_twisted: 
-Mike

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: defaced on November 19, 2012, 12:05:06 AM
Finally got my board etched today.  Tomorrow I start drilling and populating.  This is going to be cutting it super close :icon_twisted: 

Seems like everyone had to cut it close this comp.  Lucky for me I don't have too many things that keep me from building. I started as soon as the comp was announced. ;D 
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

pakrat

I'm right there with ya defaced, but I was able to populate most of it last night.

pakrat

I actually have one ready, probably get it posted tomorrow. I still need to finish two more  :o

LucifersTrip

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on November 19, 2012, 12:09:10 AM

Seems like everyone had to cut it close this comp.  Lucky for me I don't have too many things that keep me from building. I started as soon as the comp was announced. ;D 

I'm cuttin' it pretty close, too...came up with the concept and planned it out in my head the first week and have been tracking down parts & building since then...The only thing that killed a week or more (and some trees) was Sandy.
always think outside the box

Mustachio

Im Getting close to ready! Gonna do the pour on tonight!
"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

defaced

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on November 19, 2012, 12:09:10 AM

That's the thing, so did I.  This build has required two prototypes (complete etched and drilled boards) and a complete re-vamp of how I make boards in order to make the board. 
-Mike

oldschoolanalog

Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

pakrat

@LucifersTrip Sandy was a setback to say the least!

pakrat

Ok, I'm breaking the trend here because this is not my original circuit, but it is ironic that it is competing against it's creator, slacker  :icon_twisted:. My first entry..... the Echo Base Mini. I called it a mini because I've never seen one in a 1590b enclosure before. I cheated on this one by milling the insides of the box to make the board fit. I included all of the mods I thought would be useful for me. I have to say, this delay sounds really great, and the various mods really make it super versatile. The modulation is weird and awesome especially with the clean kill. This has become my favorite out of the pedals I've built so far.... Thanks so much for this one slacker!
I used anonymousfacelesscoward's layout because it's the smallest one I could find. Some component value changes include swapping the 20k feedback limiting resistor to 100k, and the humbucker friendly mod. I had a lot of trouble etching this one because for some reason PNP blue doesn't stick to the tayda enclosures I have, but finally glossy photo paper worked. The paint is Tamiya clear blue and I'm really happy with the results. Major props to you guys who do 1590A builds, this was a tight squeeze and I can't imagine working inside those tiny things!
Pics:

Here it is next to an MXR Phase 90 for scale:

Guts:

Schematic:

Layout:

Video performed by my buddy Brian Shane: