Turkey Day SHOOTOUT Competition

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, September 15, 2012, 02:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haveyouseenhim

:icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:  That's great!   I'm so jealous. Lucky bastard gets an XP All and Rob's sweet sweet sausage.
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

digi2t

QuoteLucky bastard gets an XP All and Rob's sweet sweet sausage.

I ain't touchin' that one, with a ten foot barge pole!  :icon_mrgreen:
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

deadastronaut

^ now now, your just jealous.... ;D

@mustachio: have you the 'updated' schematic for your micro v  ?...i just ordered a couple of lm13700n's.. ;)

i'd like to bread it and have a tinker...

cheers!. 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Mustachio

I need to Draw up a new schematic, was working fast to finish and worked basically off the original schematic and in my head. But the layout is all correct that I posted. Gonna draw it up and posted it in a new thread soon. Hopefully I can get the pics and all build docs posted with out the compression photobucket is doing now.

going to be putting this back on the breadboard and trying to get it working with 2 or 3 LM13700's soon :) will post all that info as well.

In the mean time I sent you a pm rob with all the info on what you need to change from the original schematic to put it on the breadboard.

Oh also when I was testing transistors in the pedal I was taking them out and using the hfe test on my super cheap mm and the ones I ended up using for my build where these.

Q1-2n5089 Hfe 104
Q2-2n5089 Hfe 106
Q3-2N3906 Hfe 80 (original used a 2n5087)

I ordered some 2n5087's because I didn't have any on hand but didn't end up using any or even testing them because I was running out of time. The Hfe on the transistors I picked where all lower then most I tested. To my ear they sounded better then the ones with higher Hfe. I tested about 30-40 diff transistors most of em where 2n3904's 2n2222a bc109 2n3906 2n5089 2n5088 2n4401
"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

Govmnt_Lacky

OK....

It looks like Mustachio has chosen the XP ALL. Congratulations!!!!!

Now, Pakrat is on the clock to choose from the remaining prizes which are:

-- $25 in credit to Smallbear electronics w/ free shipping. Courtesy of Steve.
– Custom Vocalizer pedal build shipped to winner. Courtesy of Digi2t.
– Custom "Stupid Pedal Tricks" Pedal shipped to winner. Courtesy of pinkjimiphoton.
– Store credit to DIYStomp store in the amount of the entry fees (minus shipping costs). Courtesy of the entrants and Aron.
-- A prize pack of your choice of 3 PCBs from JMK PCBs shipped to the winner in accordance to the rules in the initial post. Courtesy of Jacob
-- $50 in store credit to madbeanpedals. Courtesy of Brian "bean"
-- Grab bag of "Modulation Junkie" build parts to include: (2)TL072, (2)MN3007, (2)MN3101, (2)V3205, (2)V3102, and (20)2N5952 shipped to the winner in accordance with the rules in the initial post. Courtesy of Dave "oldschoolanalog"

I will be PMing you Mustachio for your info on where to send the XP ALL.

Don't forget to PM Aron to give him the details about the custom, super fly, awesome DIYStomp T-shirt!!  ;)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

midwayfair

Congrats to all the winners! This was a great contest it was lots of fun watching all the different effects that were submitted. :)

My build list now includes an OTA Mark V and Folie a Deux at the very least. :)
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

oldschoolanalog

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on November 26, 2012, 03:51:05 AM
Lucky bastard gets an XP All and Rob's sweet sweet sausage.
While the XP All is a great prize the framed "Sweet Sausage" photo is a true art lover/collectors item.
One that is surely to increase astronomically in value to auction status over time.  ;D
Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

deadastronaut

^ indeed, a true collectors item...very rare!.. :)

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

pakrat

The "Sweet Sausage" pic will increase ASTRONAUT-omically in value.... ok, that was bad!
Guys, I am truly honored to have placed in this competition!! With so many incredible builds submitted, I'm still in a bit of shock.
Many thanks to Greg, Jimi, digi2t, and Aron for running such a great contest and for the amazing generosity in donating the prizes. You guys are true gentlemen, and it was an honor and a pleasure to take part in this. I am already looking forward to the next one.
There are so many great prizes, but I think the Colorsound Vocalizer is calling my name, so that will be my choice  ;D
Congrats to all of the winners! This was definitely a fierce competition that brought out the best in everyone. With so many great projects here, I'll surely be busy over the next few years trying to build them all.
Thanks again everyone, this was a blast!

P.S. Rob, do you think as runner up I could get a non framed version of the Sweet Sausage pic?

samhay

A big congratulations to all the winners - well earned.
I had a lot of fun watching it unfold (and soldering at 2am for that matter) and am now a little daunted by my rather inflated to-build list. Not sure how many of the circuits I will be able to fit in a 1590A, but I will keep you posted.
I'm a refugee of the great dropbox purge of '17.
Project details (schematics, layouts, etc) are slowly being added here: http://samdump.wordpress.com

pinkjimiphoton

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on November 25, 2012, 11:17:22 PM
You don't want the XP
No-one wants the XP
The mere thought of the XP makes you sick
You will listen to Mike and chose the vocalizer.

:D
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

pinkjimiphoton

Quote from: Mustachio on November 26, 2012, 12:11:24 AM
Well thinking about it a bit more. I don't have the money or equipment to make an XP all but I think I have all the parts on hand to build a vocalizer. Which I will have to have a vocalizer at some point, cause that pedal sounds amazing! I love the vowel sounds. Its on my list to make something like that or the ludwig.

So I think I will choose the XP All!

Thanks for the compliment digi! I can't lie Ive watched nearly all of yours and jimi's videos on youtube and I've learned a few really cool licks from you guys. I'd hear something you guys played and had to rewind a few times, pick up a guitar and learn it! you guys really smoke on the frets! Just the type of music I love!

Sorry Mike :D gonna have to take the XP off the table.

I was really not sure what to pick after watching videos of digi and jimi demo the xp all and the vocalizer. They both have merit to something I'd enjoy using often.

Well thanks again for everything guys this was tons of fun and still shocking I won! I still can't believe it!

jim,
you have chosen well. the xp all is an amazing tool, that i think you will find well-suited to your style.
vocalizers are hip...but dino's talkalyzer is hipper!!

congratulations my friend!
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

pinkjimiphoton

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on November 26, 2012, 03:51:05 AM
:icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:  That's great!   I'm so jealous. Lucky bastard gets an XP All and Rob's sweet sweet sausage.

i think i'm turning a little green here, bro, that doesn't sound quite right!!! lol :icon_mrgreen:
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

deadastronaut

@pakrat:   the judges decisions are final.  stop trying to muscle in on jims prize. :icon_evil:

however i had a word with the judges , they protested and swore at me a lot,  but in the end they gave in and said you and the other guys are entitled to a '' runner up prize picture of a chipolata''.

here you go..enjoy

note : to claim your runner up prize, right click and save. :)

pinkjimiphoton

pakrat,
you're gonna love that vocalizer.

it's got "yoy" in spades!!

the yoy of fuzz...a beautiful thing.
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

pinkjimiphoton

Quote from: deadastronaut on November 26, 2012, 11:33:49 AM
@pakrat:   the judges decisions are final.  stop trying to muscle in on jims prize. :icon_evil:

however i had a word with the judges , they protested and swore at me a lot,  but in the end they gave in and said you and the other guys are entitled to a '' runner up prize picture of a chipolata''.

here you go..enjoy

note : to claim your runner up prize, right click and save. :)

my girl said to grab it, cuz i need a bigger sausage!!! ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

pakrat

Thanks Jimi, that vocalizer sounds amazing!
@Rob I guess we should say congrats to all of the weiners  :D

pinkjimiphoton

two down, 6 to go~~

– Custom "Stupid Pedal Tricks" Pedal shipped to winner. Courtesy of pinkjimiphoton.
– Store credit to DIYStomp store in the amount of the entry fees (minus shipping costs). Courtesy of the entrants and Aron.
-- A prize pack of your choice of 3 PCBs from JMK PCBs shipped to the winner in accordance to the rules in the initial post. Courtesy of Jacob
-- Grab bag of "Modulation Junkie" build parts to include: (2)TL072, (2)MN3007, (2)MN3101, (2)V3205, (2)V3102, and (20)2N5952 shipped to the winner in accordance with the rules in the initial post. Courtesy of Dave "oldschoolanalog"

the "stupid pedal tricks" pedal is actually a custom silicon/ge/fet fuzzface called the "sterno face", it's got a few gigs under it's belt now, so it's well-housebroken. ;)

happy pickin's peeps..
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on November 26, 2012, 11:48:24 AM
two down, 6 to go~~

Don't forget the $25 store credit to smallbear. Courtesy of Steve!!  ;D

Next up is LucifersTrip.

Your choice sir??
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

tuckster

Congrats to all you winers!!!!!
I'm glad I don't have to decide which price I want  ;D
Mustachio if the XP is boring you some day you know who's waiting for it  :icon_lol: I wouldlove to pay the shipping lol
  • SUPPORTER