Turkey Day SHOOTOUT Competition

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, September 15, 2012, 02:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digi2t

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on December 21, 2012, 07:29:49 PM
hic!!

Now THAT'S what I call "Spreadin' the Christmas Cheer!"  :icon_lol:

Love the mother covering up the kids eyes. Santa must be packing one hell of a "Sterno"! Too funny!
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

pinkjimiphoton

i wonder what he hung the mistletoe from ;)
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

haveyouseenhim

Jingle balls

Sorry, I'll leave and never come back  :icon_redface: :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

haveyouseenhim

• SUPPORTER

garcho

So, has every winner received their prize then? (besides D'Astro's wiener) Pretty good turn around time, I'd say, no? Wink wink, nudge nudge, post-apocalypse, etc.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

pinkjimiphoton

ronan's fuzz is in transit.
but i think everything else is already a done deal.

i saw the 1000 comp is STILL waiting. wow. i thought I was a wicked procrastinator!

i'm staying out of that wicket.
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

haveyouseenhim

Do I have to be the one to say it?  I feel like the whole thing was a sham  :-\

I'm not trying to start some mess, but if it looks like one, smells like one, and sounds like one........    

Ok, I'm ready to be lynched now.

• SUPPORTER

pinkjimiphoton

no comment. i like my neck the way it is
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

garcho

People bite off more than they can chew all the time. Don't be too suspicious. I'm sure Rick's pedal will be killer.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

haveyouseenhim

Yea, I suppose.    I want to be wrong
  • SUPPORTER

Jdansti

I've asked Jacob to hold off on shipping my boards until he has Jon's Blue Warbler in production. No sense in making two shipments and, I won't be able to build anything until after the new year anyway. I'm finishing up another one of his boards I bought a while back called the Scuba Muff. It's a really versatile fuzz and I'm building it for my brother in law for Christmas. It's going to have pictures of his two kids on it and the switch that selects between low and high caps is going to be labeled with their names. When you flick the switch to "Audrey" her eyes will light up, and the same for "Evan".
  • SUPPORTER

Vallhagen

Hey folks:)

Ive been contacted by madbean for my prize:) ... He just wait for my orders, which i will place anytime soon, when i have decided what i want for stuff. I have been really busy lately with things very far from boxbuilding... not only me, this time of year i guess. Among other things, i will go on with a new job in the beginning of january.

Yesterday the TEEEshirt arrived though. Thanx Aron!

Cheers all! And a merry n happy and everything xmas to you all as well!

pinkjimiphoton

i gotta say, one more time, howsabout a nice round of cyberapplause for all the people involved.
this was a cool competition, just amazing. it was an honor to be involved.

the scores were so close, i mean SOOOOO OOOOO OOOOO close if it wasn't for me subdividing percentages, judging would have been impossible.

i know most of the scores we gave you guys were a lot higher than i think you expected.... and them .40's and .75's etc are what ended up defining it in some cases...
i mean...you guys were all within a nose of each other. if memory serves, less than 15 points between #1 and #8. that's not much of a spread!!

you guys ROCK. period. and i am honored to know each of you. ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Jdansti

Quote from: Vallhagen on December 22, 2012, 09:09:41 AM
Hey folks:)

Ive been contacted by madbean for my prize:) ... He just wait for my orders, which i will place anytime soon, when i have decided what i want for stuff. I have been really busy lately with things very far from boxbuilding... not only me, this time of year i guess. Among other things, i will go on with a new job in the beginning of january.

Yesterday the TEEEshirt arrived though. Thanx Aron!

Cheers all! And a merry n happy and everything xmas to you all as well!

Congratulations and best wishes for your new job!  May you and your family have a safe and joyous Christmas!
  • SUPPORTER

Jdansti

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on December 22, 2012, 01:02:04 PM
i gotta say, one more time, howsabout a nice round of cyberapplause for all the people involved.
this was a cool competition, just amazing. it was an honor to be involved.

the scores were so close, i mean SOOOOO OOOOO OOOOO close if it wasn't for me subdividing percentages, judging would have been impossible.

i know most of the scores we gave you guys were a lot higher than i think you expected.... and them .40's and .75's etc are what ended up defining it in some cases...
i mean...you guys were all within a nose of each other. if memory serves, less than 15 points between #1 and #8. that's not much of a spread!!

you guys ROCK. period. and i am honored to know each of you. ;)

And a round of cyberplause for the judges and prize donors!  This is young to be a tough act to follow!  :)
  • SUPPORTER

Jdansti

Quote from: Jdansti on December 22, 2012, 01:44:54 AM
I've asked Jacob to hold off on shipping my boards until he has Jon's Blue Warbler in production. No sense in making two shipments and, I won't be able to build anything until after the new year anyway. I'm finishing up another one of his boards I bought a while back called the Scuba Muff. It's a really versatile fuzz and I'm building it for my brother in law for Christmas. It's going to have pictures of his two kids on it and the switch that selects between low and high caps is going to be labeled with their names. When you flick the switch to "Audrey" her eyes will light up, and the same for "Evan".

Well, it was like Christmas for me today!  I had won three boards from Jacob at JMK Pedals and had asked him to hold the shipment until he had Jon Patton's Blue Warbler board ready. As it turns out, the Blue Warbler is taking a little longer get into production than Jacob expected, so I revised my request. Jacob was nice enough to include a Blue Warbler prototype along with the three boards I ordered!

Below, you'll see the following four boards:

Blue Warbler
Taptation
Delay (designed for the Taptation)
Wakizashi Boost

I'm looking forward to throwing some parts on these puppies as soon as I finish my remodeling work and get the go ahead from the boss. ;)

The boards backed by the boss's boots.

<<<Delay>>>

<<<Taptation>>>

<<<Wakizashi Boost>>>

<<<Blue Warbler>>>

Thanks again to Jacob and all of the folks who sponsored the prizes!!!
  • SUPPORTER