For my first post, I present to you...

Started by mg.audio, September 24, 2012, 01:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mg.audio

:) Hi!

I'm Matt, and I just got into building pedals. This is definitely my new favorite hobby besides playing music! I'm here to learn and share ideas and have a good time in general with fellow geeks. For my first post, here are my first* two projects:

*actually, my first pedal was a simple a/b/y box which no longer exists, and my second was (is?) something called the "KROK" which is a simple true-bypass effects loop pedal with a feedback loop that greatly increases the magnitude of annoyance inflicted amongst your band members and audiences. I don't really use the feedback loop much, but it sure comes in handy when I want to turn two or three pedals on and off at the same time.

ANYWAYS... here are my first two REAL projects. The first is a clone of the SansAmp GT2. Got the schematic and ordered the circuit board from tonepad.com:

The second is a clone of the Shin-Ei Companion Fuzz, with a mod that bypasses the tone section entirely. No circuit board, just components and wires soldered directly to each other and stuffed into a tiny hammond 1590A enclosure:

No sound clips or demo videos yet, but I'll have some soon. Right now I'm working on a Rat circuit which I'm going to be modifying to the point that it will be my first pedal that I can really call my own. I'm looking forward to learning and sharing a lot of ideas here! Cheers...

Quackzed

those came out great, that gut shot with the rainbow braided wire is pretty sweet.  :icon_cool:
nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

rutabaga bob

Hey Matt!  Welcome aboard!             Larry
Life is just a series of obstacles preventing you from taking a nap...

"I can't resist a filter" - Kipper

mg.audio

Quote from: Quackzed on September 24, 2012, 01:58:28 AM
those came out great, that gut shot with the rainbow braided wire is pretty sweet.  :icon_cool:

Thank you kindly :)

amptramp

This is one addiction that doesn't leave needle marks.  I am already planning my next pedals while I am still building my first one.  I bet you have several over the coming year.

Nice looking pedals, by the way!