complex a/b/etc. switch question

Started by pkenney, December 11, 2012, 10:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pkenney

So I have a simple problem that is becoming, at least for me, a complicated solution. I am getting a micro pog pedal and I would like to be able to have the routing option of either having it in the signal path on my board or in the effects send and return of my deluxe memory boy. I would like a single switch system if possible but I'm not sure what type would be best and exactly how to wire it. The switch would need to include these two routing options:

1. A micro pog in and out for when I want it directly in the signal chain.
2. Switching the micro pog in and out to the memory boys effects send and return as well as the pedal before and after the micro pog being connected to compensate for the micro pog being taken out of the signal chain.

Anyone be willing to help me with what type of switch (dpdt, dpst, etc.) I would need and how to correctly wire the switch from the possible six mono jacks? Every time I sit down to try and work it out I start to get lost. I may be making this way too complicated! Thanks!

drolo

Hi,

In theory, something like that should work:

that would require a 4pdt switch, and you would have no status led

slacker

Yeah that will work, I was going to post something I drew up for someone to put a pedal before an amp or in the FX loop, but it's exactly the same as David's schematic.

pkenney

Cool, thanks guys! That does help. I was thinking it was more complicated than that.

pkenney

One extra question. Never dealt with a 4pdt siwtch. How would I wire this correctly to the poles?

Sorry I have only dealt with very basic wiring with switches. Trying to learn!

drolo

it's the same as with a dpdt or a 3pdt, only with 4 ;-)
Get your multimeter to measure wich  contacts close and open if you are a bit confused