Artec "Metal Crazy" - I need some help or idea

Started by oomnelson, October 06, 2012, 05:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oomnelson

Hi everyone!,
I have this cheap distortion pedal, and one day it just doesn´t work anymore, it´s dead. I opened the pedal, check the circuit, everything was fine. I measured the IC4558 and I found big diferences between 2 and 3 legs. So, I finally decided to change it... after a considerable patience working on the SMD IC, I did what you can see in the photos, but, as before, nothing happens. IC 4558 was not the issue, or at least, not the only issue.
I wanted to change the IC TLC2264C, but in my country I can´t find it, or a replacement for it.

If someone have some idea I can do, I´ll be very grateful... Thanks !

J0K3RX

I wouldn't have automatically assumed it was the opamp... I would have started at the power jack and or battery connector, check for voltage and follow it out from there... check continuity, audio probe..?  That's just me though, I'm sure other would approach it differently.
Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

oomnelson

Thank you for the ideas !, the first thing I did was to check the power jack, the input/output jacks, the dpdt switch, I checked the potenciometers too, and all that things works fine.
What do you mean when you say "audio probe" ?

haveyouseenhim

• SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

oomnelson

Thank you very much!, I just learn something, it don´t care if I can´t debug the problem, this information is a lot !...  :icon_biggrin: