A variable sample and hold LFO box type thing....

Started by BBlack, October 08, 2012, 09:49:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBlack

For awhile, I've been wanting to build a basic S&H unit to use with certain pedals and units of mine that utilize CV jacks.

But I've had this idea -

I want to make the randomized modulation variable, in that a knob, or a couple of knobs, would be able to control the variability (can't think of a better word...) of the modulation's randomness - something that would be able to increase the spacing of the modulation...... If you haven't figured it out, this is difficult to explain.

I'm going to try to illustrate this (the periods represent silence, the o/O/0's represent the modulation) - -

Here is what a typical S&H modulation looks like:  ..o.o...o..o..o.O..o.o...0..O.o..0.o...o..O..o.0..o.o.o..o..

And this is what I'd like a certain knob to be able to make:  ..o..O...o........0.....o.O........o..0......o........o.0....o.....o..O...o...............o....0...O............o..

Does that make sense? Basically, this knob would allow lengthy spaces and a more unpredictable patterns, as opposed to a more constant kind.

I've just been throwing this idea around, and wanted to see how possible it would be, if at all.

Would love to hear some thoughts!