Kay Tremolo caps

Started by Canucker, October 08, 2012, 02:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canucker

In this layout Cap 1 and 2 are both 0.1uf but in multiple other layouts out there I see number one being 0.01uf.

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv347/harvandheavy/flanger-chorus-phaser-etc/KAY_T_1_TREMOLO_PERFBOARD_LAYOUT.gif

any advice on which is the way to go? I went with a 0.01uf for number one and my build sounds weird....like theres more effect then actual note....if I stop playing the effect keeps going....and if i play my note is kinda bassy and quieter then the effect itself....cool at times but not as an always type thing.

Canucker

hmm a few people reading this...has anyone Built one??? For some reason I thought it was a popular build.

John Lyons

C1 and 2 should not make much difference really as far as the circuit working.
I'd go with .1 at C1 and .01 at C2.
I don't think this is your problem though.
With C1 as .01 you will be dropping some low end.

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Canucker

I kinda thought that might be what that would do. I'm really 100 percent learning this stuff online. I never took an electronics course. Maybe one of my resistor values is off....it wasn't working at all until I swapped out a resistor that tested to be the wrong value....which made me kind of glad I got sound after that one was changed...because that value is also in the superfuzz that I built (and took way more time) that didn't work...maybe that pedal will be a quick fix...and some more testing here. I wonder what stock boy was binning resistors before I got to the store...I'll have to find a way to thank him for my screaming brain! I guess I was to trusting not testing before soldering!