A Momentary Stutter Pedal That Doesn't Pop???!!!!!!

Started by sevenisthenumber, October 17, 2012, 10:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

external_clock

Quote from: Toney on October 19, 2012, 08:22:59 PM

This worked for me. Use any sized cap that suits you needs.
For comedy effect try something massive and listen as the JFET swings over in slo-mo.

Hello, I'm trying to build a momentary kill/stutter switch that doesn't pop. I built this vero build using a momentary 3PDT but it didn't seem to be performing quite right. If I strummed the guitar hard during while stepping on the momentary switch, some of my signal came crackling through. Also, it looks like this design is for switching to an effects unit without a pop, but I'm trying to just mute without a pop, so perhaps I need to alter this a bit for my purposes? Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

J0K3RX

Why don't you just install the kill switch right in the guitar? You would likely have way more control over it with your hand vs your foot... Unless you are Mike Portnoy, then all bets are off!

I think Buckethead is proof of concept...  :icon_lol: Gotta love Buckethead!!  :icon_twisted:

I kinda like this goofy @ss thing too... Has a weird 60's/70's trippy psychedelic mushroom quality to it but with a modern twist.  :o

Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

external_clock

That is pretty cool but it's not for me, it's for a friend who wants it at his feet.