BSIAB II mods with sound demo

Started by Xavier, January 05, 2024, 02:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavier

Hi all !!;

It's been an eternity since I last posted here, the place where I learned all things DIY...........

I've had a bit of a nostalgic throwback, revisiting some of the old boards I had in the junk bin.

I just pulled the BSIAB, added the pots , boxed it again and voilá !! It's alive again.

It's basically stock, with the only changes of C13 (500pF) and C14 (1nF), although I may still increase the values a bit, to both 1,5nF....... these are not improvements, but adaptations to the amp I'm using.

I've also tried to add a "C0" t cut some of the bass into the circuit and make it tighter. I tried 4n7 and 6n8. They thightened up the bottom end, but at the expense of losing oomph, so for now I have left the circuit stock.

I am an 80's metalhead through and through and I haven't heard too many good sounding demos, so here it is , just too make clear that this thing reigns at those type of sounds:

- Double tracked (first clean, then pedal on)
- Straight into DAW (with a software cab emulator)
- Slight reverb

BSIAB sound demo

ElectricDruid

GibsonGM

• SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

Mark Hammer

I hope you were wearing spandex and had your hair puffed up good for this.
But it sounded great, like a wall of Marshalls, and NOT the empty cab kind like Kiss use.

Xavier

You guys helped me a lot when I started, answering many questions and inspiring me to, nice hearing back from you again, and I hope you are all well !

You guys are legends !