gena_p1

gena_p1

EHX Polychorus by XMD from gtlab forum

gena_p1

Accutronics BTDR based reverb with small brother

storyboardist

Quote from: jmwreck on October 24, 2013, 12:38:48 PM
Quote from: storyboardist on October 21, 2013, 09:50:11 AM
Built another fuzz face clone (I gotta start branching out...), this time using some old terminal strips I salvaged out of an old stereo.

The output caps (ran 2, 5nF caps in parallel), the LED resistor, and most of the wire is from the same stereo. Used some NOS Russian МП38a germanium transistors and sound great!

are you using a reverse log pot for the fuzz? and what value? mine should be set around 90% to achieve the bite.

For this pedal I went with the stock schematic values, so the fuzz pot is a 1k linear taper. You can also use a 2k pot for more control and/or use a rev. log pot to even out the sweep.

jubal81

Really proud of this one so I'm posting it everywhere.

Five FET drives a SHO and three switches.

The switching system consists of three PCBs of my own design. The overall bypass (left most switch) and the SHO bypass (Right most switch) use the 57B relay microchip from Pedal Sync to control latching relays with optofet bypass to ground the signal during switching.
The middle switch (and PCB) uses a 4017 decade counter to switch between the relays for the individual circuits. There's a 40106 for switch debounce and power-on reset (thanks to Mictester) and a 2003ULC to sink the current from the relays and corresponding LEDs.

The faceplates are acid etched (and took forever - two tries - since I'm not so hot at etching). The Tweed and amp chassis came from Antique Electronic Supply and were generously covered with lacquer.

A whole lot of money and a whole lot of time, but it was definitely worth it. Sounds great and works beautifully. Thanks to everyone for their boards and advice.

chi_boy

Hey, a couple of those boards look familiar...... ;)

That looks fantastic, BTW.
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." — Admiral Hyman G. Rickover - 1900-1986

The Leftover PCB Page

ch1naski

Mockingbird wish me luck.

davent

Great concept and amazing execution! Bravo!!!
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

jubal81

Quote from: chi_boy on October 31, 2013, 01:36:35 PM
Hey, a couple of those boards look familiar...... ;)

That looks fantastic, BTW.

Indeed. Your layouts are superb. Boards practically stuff themselves.

deeno

Hi guys!
another one from my house, this is the " FUN-Q" envelope filter, it's a Mutron III with custom Vactrol made by me, sounds woao woao!! :icon_smile:

i love it!!!

deeno

And this is the "DELAYNBOW" , a Magnus Modulus delay...with some colours from the sky

bye!!

therealfindo

Quote from: jubal81 on October 31, 2013, 01:13:58 PM
Really proud of this one so I'm posting it everywhere.

Five FET drives a SHO and three switches.

The switching system consists of three PCBs of my own design. The overall bypass (left most switch) and the SHO bypass (Right most switch) use the 57B relay microchip from Pedal Sync to control latching relays with optofet bypass to ground the signal during switching.
The middle switch (and PCB) uses a 4017 decade counter to switch between the relays for the individual circuits. There's a 40106 for switch debounce and power-on reset (thanks to Mictester) and a 2003ULC to sink the current from the relays and corresponding LEDs.

The faceplates are acid etched (and took forever - two tries - since I'm not so hot at etching). The Tweed and amp chassis came from Antique Electronic Supply and were generously covered with lacquer.

A whole lot of money and a whole lot of time, but it was definitely worth it. Sounds great and works beautifully. Thanks to everyone for their boards and advice.

that looks amazing!

danielzink

Finally finished my Multiplex.

Great sounding delay....still sorting through all the options....

Dan

akc1973

Hi Folks,
after a long break, I've got back into pedal building. (Not that I've ever been very successful at it). Here's my new one - A GGG Orange Squeezer in a Unibox enclosure.

Builds: Bazz Fuss, Orange Squeezer, Omega, Green Ringer, Dist+, X-Fuzz

Hexjibber

Wampler Euphoria (VipFX board), box etched using Sodium Hydroxide. Great sounding pedal, no gut shot as it's already screwed down to my board! :)

poorboy

My Fuzz Fake,  a simple germanium fuzz face...

kaycee

Quote from: poorboy on November 02, 2013, 07:46:05 AM
My Fuzz Fake,  a simple germanium fuzz face...

Thats got a nice retro look to it, very 'Coloursound' stylee.

kaycee

Quote from: deeno on October 31, 2013, 04:37:40 PM
/5_zps26dca4bb.jpg?t=1383251623[/img]

I like this, very cheerful!

peterg

A few recently completed builds: a Valvecaster, a tube boost (a hybrid using Beavis Audio's Twincaster for the most part adapted for 6111 tubes and Tube Town's gain design) and my take on Anchovie's Noise Ensemble.

davent

Looks great Peter! Can't tell, are they etches or decals that you are using for your labelling?
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg