my new multi fx box

Started by mewithyou, June 14, 2007, 06:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mewithyou

i made this out of a coumputer well... parts from a computer from my comp clas they were cleaning out so i took some stuff coo,l skore but i nead to find out what effects i want i play like jazz, alternitive so ya

mohn

Looks like it has a lot of potential.  I just remembered there's some old computer cases in my garage that I might cannibalize....
My thing with multi effects pedals is that I like to move things around too much.  I don't think I'll ever be done experimenting...
For ideas, search the forum, and google, for "cornish style pedalboards" or something similar.  check this out

mewithyou

thats cool for him but i dont nead any distortion i just want to put in a wah (not auto),delay,flanger,boost,chouris

any sugestions

mewithyou

i am going to put a rocktek son of a pitch tuner in it and a p-80 delay

good idea or bad?

mewithyou

bump i nead some help with what fx to use please

thanks jeff

carrejans

Quote from: mewithyou on June 15, 2007, 08:57:01 PM

thanks jeff

I think you have to choose that yourself, no.  ???

Speeddemon

Quote from: mewithyou on June 15, 2007, 08:57:01 PM

thanks jeff
definitely a Boss CE-2 for chorus. Simple, lush, great.
For a flanger, I recommend the MXR Micro Flanger, but I'm still waiting for a schem myself, to see what kind of chip it uses (ultra-rare or available). But ofcourse, my benchmark tone for flanging is EVH, which the Micro Flanger does better than even the large MXR Flanger (and I also own a few other flangers, which are not as great as the MF. Ibanez FL9, SF10, DOD 670, Korg FLG-1, Ibanez CF7).
Meanwhile @ TGP:
"I was especially put off by the religious banterings written inside the LDO pedal. I guess he felt it was necessary to thank God that someone payed $389 for his tubescreamer!"

Pushtone

Nice bending there, an excellent looking case. I would have missed this thread if you had not bumped it.

Looking at your case I can't help thinking that the quickest, neatest, most useful outcome to your project
would be to buy all the Danelectro, Berhinger and Dunlop MXR effect pedals you like and fit their PCB and pots
into your case with 3PDT TB switches and LEDs.

How are you going to mount a wah treadle on there?!?  Consider leaving the wah separate and off to the side.
Or perhaps extend a bottom lip off the right side as a mount plate for a CryBaby shell.
The coolest would be to mount the wah treadle directly to your sheet metal. But computer cases are thin.
I would imagine it would need significant reinforcement to mount a treadle.

Consider the DOD EF440 with a real Vactrol ldr as an extra on board auto-wah.
I finished one recently and it has a very wah like sound.
I built the MXR EF and it is an extreme filter effect. Cool but not what you want for shredding and wailing a solo through your Dr. Boogie.

The DOD EF440 is a good replacement for a wah.
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

mewithyou

thanks dave i really want to build my oun you knwo why do you say just buy them then take them apart?

i was going to take some volume peddle and put it all the way to the right and have it part like all the other Mluti's but now thinking about it i think that i will do an extention so i can put more things on the board but i want a switch so i can switch one peddle to do 3 thing so i can press <1> and it will make the peddle wah <2>will make it expression for my delay(i love the cool ailena sound) <3> volume

jeff

rockgardenlove

I vote you have an expression pedal jack that you can toggle between wah, volume, and delay time.  Then plug in your expression pedal and go at it!

Cool!

mewithyou

yha thats what i want to do does any one have any idea how to?

newbie builder

I see a big potential issue with that very cool idea.

Pot tapers and values.
Your delay time pot, wah pot, and volume pot are all probably going to be different values and tapers, so you having just one expression pedal could be very tricky. Having just 1 expression pedal, however, is what makes this such a cool idea so if you can't find a way around this, you're basically screwed. I can't think of any simple way of dealing with this off the top of my head, but there might be one....
//

mewithyou

if someone could send me some pics of the inside of a volume pedle i could see if it works but i was thinking of having a bracket with 3 pot all of them would be touching the gear rod thing allways.

i have more progress i just put in my input jack and my power suply, my super cool power jack,and my tuner but i nead to put in my switch in and that will be hard!

km-r

aaaahh!! its an old computer case! i have one of those! hahaha! thanks, youve given me an idea! but ill make mine larger...
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar.  If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

mewithyou

ya?cool!!! i had to cut about 6" off mine cuz it had more of thatperfreated shit and i wouldnt look clean if i didnt but its 7.5" by the length of teh case so it would be hard to make it larger unless you are going to welld send me some pics when your done