THANK YOU!!!!!!

Started by aron, January 28, 2010, 04:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aron

I was working on something last night (will be revealed later), when I created a Donation button on the home website. Imagine my surprise when I woke up and saw that a few people had used it and had donated money to this website. WELL THANK YOU GUYS!
The interesting part was that the donations were all from out of the USA. Again, THANK YOU!

As I typed this, someone from the US came through. Well thank you  - you know who you are!

I appreciate it! The store has been rather slow lately, but hey, thank you!

Aron

markeebee

Hi Aron

Just a thought.....can the button be placed on the forum page?

I've bookmarked the forum, so I very rarely see the homepage. I'd have missed the button if you hadn't started this thread.

compuwade

Quote from: aron on January 28, 2010, 04:38:54 PM
I was working on something last night (will be revealed later), when I created a Donation button on the home website. Imagine my surprise when I woke up and saw that a few people had used it and had donated money to this website. WELL THANK YOU GUYS!
The interesting part was that the donations were all from out of the USA. Again, THANK YOU!

As I typed this, someone from the US came through. Well thank you  - you know who you are!

I appreciate it! The store has been rather slow lately, but hey, thank you!

Aron

No Aron, THANK YOU!. This is an awesome site with awesome people! Not a better one around!
Thanks again!
-Wade

Paul Marossy

I get a few of those every year to keep my own website going, and they are always very appreciated. I need to get more as my hosting costs doubled last year.  :icon_neutral:

Anyway, thank you for keeping this site up and running all these years.  :icon_cool:

Renegadrian

Quote from: markeebee on January 28, 2010, 05:07:14 PM
Hi Aron

Just a thought.....can the button be placed on the forum page?

I've bookmarked the forum, so I very rarely see the homepage. I'd have missed the button if you hadn't started this thread.

+1
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

aron

WOW, thank you guys! I've tried to keep this forum as ad-free as possible. I will consider the button in the forum for the future.
Again, thanks to all of you for being here!

bobp1339

It's due to this site that I now have yet another hobby  :icon_biggrin:

Thanks Aron!!!
"I love the smell of solder in the morning..."

...Bazz Fuss, EA Trem, Ross Comp, MXR Env Filter, Orange Squeezer, custom bass preamp...
http://chindigband.com

PRR

> can the button be placed on the forum page?

On another forum, that occasionally makes trouble: when the donation-server is down, the forum-page won't render until your browser gives-up waiting for the link.

Still a good idea. Aron should not fund our fun, and can't be turning enough cash in his parts-business this sad year to justify the hosting cost.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/wpress/

• SUPPORTER

jdub

No thanks needed, Aron.  You've provided a wonderful forum- it's the least we could do for you.  Here's to many more years!
A boy has never wept nor dashed a thousand kim

Paul Marossy

Quote from: PRR on January 28, 2010, 10:02:21 PM
Aron should not fund our fun, and can't be turning enough cash in his parts-business this sad year to justify the hosting cost.

Depends on your goal. My website makes me $0 a year, but I provide it as a service to people as it is literally the only place on the web to find some information about some specific Seymour Duncan guitar amps, etc. It costs me about $200 a year now to keep my website up. If my financial situation doesn't change soon (as in getting a real job with a steady paycheck), I might have to shut it down.

Anyway, whatever Aron's motivation is, I'm glad that he has had this site up for the last eight years or so.

aron

I have yet to figure out my motivation. I just like to come here and read.... well I guess that's part of it. I feel lucky that we have such great people here!!!!!!!

frequencycentral

I don't know what I'd do without this site. The forum and it's members are awesome. I've learned a great deal here. Given back some too I hope. I've just made a small donation, not enough I feel, but I've resolved to make regular donations. I look at it like this: before the internet was born I used to buy monthly electronics magazines, learned a little from them, but this forum is one huge (free) magazine in comparision, which also answers any question I'd care to ask. If I was prepared to shell out monthly for a magazine, I sure as hell should be prepared to donate to keep this site running.
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

bobp1339

Quote from: frequencycentral on January 29, 2010, 01:35:05 PM
I don't know what I'd do without this site. The forum and it's members are awesome. I've learned a great deal here. Given back some too I hope. I've just made a small donation, not enough I feel, but I've resolved to make regular donations. I look at it like this: before the internet was born I used to buy monthly electronics magazines, learned a little from them, but this forum is one huge (free) magazine in comparision, which also answers any question I'd care to ask. If I was prepared to shell out monthly for a magazine, I sure as hell should be prepared to donate to keep this site running.

Well said Rick!   I totally agree.  I feel my donation was too small, given the amount of information that I have taken away.  But the monthly donation idea is a good one!  I'll be sure to use it!
"I love the smell of solder in the morning..."

...Bazz Fuss, EA Trem, Ross Comp, MXR Env Filter, Orange Squeezer, custom bass preamp...
http://chindigband.com

doc_drop

+1,000. I just donated the same amount that I paid for my latest mag. subscription. I am getting more for my money at this site though.

Thanks for hosting our madness, Aron!

bigchasbroon

I just made a small donation, its something ive been meaning to do for a while. While this is a great site and ive learned a lot there are a couple of negatives first of all my guitar playing hasnt progressed at all cos im building boxes all the time and secondly you have actually cost me a fortune feeding my stompbox addiction  ;D

But thanks anyway from bonnie Scotland

Paul Marossy

Quote from: aron on January 29, 2010, 01:34:57 PM
I have yet to figure out my motivation. I just like to come here and read.... well I guess that's part of it. I feel lucky that we have such great people here!!!!!!!

Yes, there are a lot of good chaps here at this forum. I do like getting to "talk" to other people about this sort of stuff that I can't really talk about anywhere else. Also, there is lots of diversity here, interesting to see.

Skruffyhound

"Support your forum" sticky at the top of each subsection? Links to shop and donate button.
The shop is impractical for me, geographically, but to donate is just fine. I don't watch television, so without this forum I might have ended up at DIY.Flowerarranging.com