Tap tempo for Maestro FSH

Started by musiclikscreams, July 11, 2012, 05:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

musiclikscreams

I'm lookin into the tonepad maestro fsh. Just wondering in its possible to control the s/h rate with tap tempo and if so how

musiclikscreams

slacker

The quick answer is yes.
The sample and hold is driven by a narrow pulse, in the original, this is provided by the LFO. The LFO can be replaced by anything that provides a suitable pulse.
Depending on where your tap tempo signal is coming from you may be able to hook it straight up, or you may need to add some additional circuitry to create a suitable pulse.

musiclikscreams

That sounds far to advanced for me to make happen. Can anybody help?

slacker

What are you going to use to provide the tap tempo? Once we know that, it should fairly easy to tell you how to hook it up.

musiclikscreams

Quote from: slacker on July 13, 2012, 11:56:59 AM
What are you going to use to provide the tap tempo? Once we know that, it should fairly easy to tell you how to hook it up.

I would really just like to be able to hook up an external tap tempo pedal. I'm gonna add another jack to mine so that I can tap both the fsh and my delay at once. Did that answer ur question or am I completely off?

slacker

Think we need to take a step backwards. The FSH doesn't have tap tempo capability, you can't just connect a tap tempo pedal to it and control the sample and hold.
What you need is a circuit to create a tap tempo signal, this is basically a stream of pulses the speed of which is controlled by tapping the tempo you want. This could then be connected to the FSH to control the sample and hold. To do this you either need a stompbox that provides an external tap tempo signal, I think some fancy digital pedals have this, or you need something like the Tone God's taptation or the electricdruid's tap tempo LFO.

Sorry for any confusion, I had assumed you already had something to create the tap tempo signal and just needed to know how to connect it.

musiclikscreams

Thanks for bearing with my severe lack of knowledge in this area. I've nvr built anything with tap tempo and would really like to build it into the fsh.

I do understand that I'm going to need to build a separate tap tempo circuit to do so... and that's about it. Any help you can give me with this would be so freakin appreciated.