FV-1 Multi effect full forum project ready to go. (ShimmerVerb Also)

Started by Ice-9, September 08, 2013, 09:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orbitbot

Quote from: Ice-9 on January 22, 2017, 03:54:49 PM
I did update the last 1590b FV-1 circuit and pcb a little while ago so will post all the files here as a final project  file. (these were the files I updated for you friend who contacted me about his pedal making school).
Mick

I'd definitely be interested in an update, and if someone else is looking to make a PCB order with the update from OSH Park or somewhere I'd be happy to join/share/split costs!

add4

Quote from: cliffsp8 on February 12, 2017, 02:44:20 PM
Quote from: add4 on February 12, 2017, 09:50:05 AM
Hello,

This is a loooong thread, so please don't be too angry at me if i ask a few simple questions. I think a few other people like me who would be interested in starting to touch the FV-1 would also be interested.

- I found Ice-9's FV-1 boards at OHS park, but not build doc, is there a link to that doc/BOM?
- Can this board also program the FV-1? is it enough to actually replace a dev board and what else woud be needed? a pickit?

Thanks a lot for your help guys

It is very helpful to read the whole thread. Here are some highlights IMO which I found useful to refer back to when I did my builds:
Page 1:
first two instalments plus discussion of programmer
page 5:
#88 PICkit prog connections
#98 ref to 8 pole prog select switch
Page 6:
#105 PIC alternative
#114 BOM
#117 Drill template
Page 8:
#145 PIC code
#146 Echo/Rev code
Page 10:
#188 room reverb
Page 12:
#228 programmer diagramme and instructions Slacker
Page 13:
#250 more on programming
#252 download of project info
#259 asm versions of FV-1 project programs
Page 14:
#263 replace R2 with link allows full 9v to analogue circuitry
#268 using arduino to control footswitch selection of programs
#269 simple echo code
#270 Slacker's BabelFish
Page 19:
#373 distortion algorithm

regards

Cliff

Thanks!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

RogerC

I have 2 of the 8 way switch PCBs surplus to my requirements if anyone needs one (cost plus postage).

Cheers

Roger

Ice-9

Quote from: cliffsp8 on February 12, 2017, 02:44:20 PM
Quote from: add4 on February 12, 2017, 09:50:05 AM
Hello,

This is a loooong thread, so please don't be too angry at me if i ask a few simple questions. I think a few other people like me who would be interested in starting to touch the FV-1 would also be interested.

- I found Ice-9's FV-1 boards at OHS park, but not build doc, is there a link to that doc/BOM?
- Can this board also program the FV-1? is it enough to actually replace a dev board and what else woud be needed? a pickit?

Thanks a lot for your help guys

It is very helpful to read the whole thread. Here are some highlights IMO which I found useful to refer back to when I did my builds:
Page 1:
first two instalments plus discussion of programmer
page 5:
#88 PICkit prog connections
#98 ref to 8 pole prog select switch
Page 6:
#105 PIC alternative
#114 BOM
#117 Drill template
Page 8:
#145 PIC code
#146 Echo/Rev code
Page 10:
#188 room reverb
Page 12:
#228 programmer diagramme and instructions Slacker
Page 13:
#250 more on programming
#252 download of project info
#259 asm versions of FV-1 project programs
Page 14:
#263 replace R2 with link allows full 9v to analogue circuitry
#268 using arduino to control footswitch selection of programs
#269 simple echo code
#270 Slacker's BabelFish
Page 19:
#373 distortion algorithm

regards

Cliff

Great post Cliff  :icon_cool:
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

Ice-9

Quote from: orbitbot on February 14, 2017, 06:14:15 PM
I did update the last 1590b FV-1 circuit and pcb a little while ago so will post all the files here as a final project  file. (these were the files I updated for you friend who contacted me about his pedal making school).
Mick

I'd definitely be interested in an update, and if someone else is looking to make a PCB order with the update from OSH Park or somewhere I'd be happy to join/share/split costs!

Give me a few days and I will make a newer update with dry/wet external mix as well as the 3 fv-1 pots, option for dry cut for parallel amp send/return.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

add4

Quote from: Ice-9 on February 15, 2017, 03:55:36 PM
Mick

Give me a few days and I will make a newer update with dry/wet external mix as well as the 3 fv-1 pots, option for dry cut for parallel amp send/return.

Do these boards include an easy way to program the chips? Pins that can be used for this?
If that's the case I'm definitely in for one too

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

RogerC

Afaik the FV-1 can be programmed in situ but the PIC needs to be programmed before soldering in place - see post 228 page 12

madhorse918

Amazing work!
Please tell me whether I I see a demo on YouTube (includes all the features of of this great pedal)?
Thanks.

orbitbot

Quote from: Ice-9 on February 15, 2017, 03:55:36 PM
Mick

Ice-9/Mick, did you have any time to have a look at this?

Tuff Pedals

Wow,

Just came across this thread ,  looks like an awesome introduction to DSP and guitar pedals and I'm only about half way through reading it!. Is it still possible to get hold of these boards Mick?.

Great resource with tons of info.

Many thanks daz

[EDIT] - Just found the new thread - http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=114557.0 !! -

taudio

Boards are available from OSH Park:

https://oshpark.com/profiles/Ice-9

We've just completed a build of three pedals using the FV-1 board and 8-position switch board from OSH Park -- they're all working well.

Would anyone be interested in a build guide for this pedal? I'd be happy to take a crack at one ...

T.

P.S. Key tip for builders -- program the PIC microcontroller *before* putting it on the board. It makes things much easier ...
  • SUPPORTER

Ice-9

Quote from: taudio on June 02, 2017, 09:28:49 AM
Boards are available from OSH Park:

https://oshpark.com/profiles/Ice-9

We've just completed a build of three pedals using the FV-1 board and 8-position switch board from OSH Park -- they're all working well.

Would anyone be interested in a build guide for this pedal? I'd be happy to take a crack at one ...

T.

P.S. Key tip for builders -- program the PIC microcontroller *before* putting it on the board. It makes things much easier ...

Thanks taudio, I was just about to point out the link to OSH Park for the PCB.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

taudio

No problem Ice9!

Thanks for making such a great project. I'm loving it.
  • SUPPORTER

the_rekoner

taudio, a build guide would be ace for dsp dummies (me)

Tuff Pedals

Tuff Pedals

Quote from: RogerC on February 15, 2017, 07:55:06 AM
I have 2 of the 8 way switch PCBs surplus to my requirements if anyone needs one (cost plus postage).

Cheers

Roger

Hi Roger,

I'd be interested in taking these - drop me a pm with your details :)

Thanks daz

taudio

Quote from: Tuff Pedals on June 13, 2017, 08:35:28 AM
taudio,

I would appreciate a guide too :)

Thanks !

OK -- I'll start work on one. It will probably take a couple of weeks to complete.
  • SUPPORTER

Tuff Pedals

Great,

Looking forward to it, thanks for taking the time   :)

Cheers daz

iforgot

Quote from: taudio on June 02, 2017, 09:28:49 AM

T.

About to order some boards and give this project a shot.

Quick question: What are you using to program the chips?  Is the pickit 2 still the best solution?