Malvino Family Portrait

Started by tubegeek, April 29, 2015, 07:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubegeek

I went a little nuts. To be fair, these books were VERY cheap. 1 cent plus $3.99 for shipping was typical.

FYI: "Semiconductor Circuit Approximations 4th Ed." is the follow-up to "Transistor Circuit Approximations 3rd Ed." There are no editions 1, 2, 3 of SCA from what I can see and they share a family resemblance.

Between these and my spanking new Horowitz & Hill, I've got my summer beach reading all set. Just need to water- and sand-proof my calculator. :icon_twisted:

Again, thanks to all who recommended various Malvino titles: I do like his extremely thorough approach, and I like a book that leaves the impression that all the bases are covered (even if that's never really true.) At least there's no sense that A. P. is rushing things or skipping steps. As a teacher I like this approach - if I skip steps when I explain things I always pay for it!
"The first four times, we figured it was an isolated incident." - Angry Pete

"(Chassis is not a magic garbage dump.)" - PRR

garcho

Quotesand-proof my calculator.  :icon_twisted:

dork! love it  ;D

QuoteI do like his extremely thorough approach... As a teacher I like this approach - if I skip steps when I explain things I always pay for it!

so true!

happy reading
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

noobamp

My hat goes off to you.  so many people give up on doing really cool things just because they refuse to do a little reading.  by this time next year you're gonna be teaching everybody on this forum a thing or two!
nothing like the smell of hot Bovie in the morning....

tubegeek

Quote from: noobamp on April 29, 2015, 01:08:45 PM
My hat goes off to you.
Thanks!

Quoteby this time next year you're gonna be teaching everybody on this forum a thing or two!
I hope it's not "how to get the sand out of your calculator"  :icon_biggrin:

Quote from: garcho on April 29, 2015, 10:36:51 AM
dork! love it  ;D
That's "Mr. Dork" to you, thank you very much. ;D

Quotehappy reading
Why thanks, indeed, Mr. Garcho!
"The first four times, we figured it was an isolated incident." - Angry Pete

"(Chassis is not a magic garbage dump.)" - PRR