PT80 Delay feedback after rebuild

Started by subnormalwater, June 24, 2018, 08:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

subnormalwater

Hello everyone,

This pedal is driving me crazy, I opened my perfectly working PT80 to change the old long wires and patch my bad joints in order to get it ready for a tap-tempo kit I bought a few days ago, and voilĂ .. the pedal doesn't work as before.

The issue is that my Level pot gets repeats inside it even with the Repeats pot at 0 and this causes an annoying feedback spaceship sound whenever I go over 12 o clock on Level pot.

I'm also really lucky on diy pedals, so I now get a ridiculous high volume P O P when I engage/disengage the pedal  :icon_lol:

I tried swapping pots but it didn't work. Also checked the voltages and everything is fine.

What could it be? I read an identical post in this forum but the OP never replied with a solution.

---EDIT---

I just noticed that at 0 Level the pedal doesn't output anything, isn't it supposed to give just the clean signal?

subnormalwater

FOUNDJA  :icon_mrgreen:

I had a short here in the picture :icon_mad:..

>wants to fix bad solder joints
>puts in a hella short

I checked there just because of the odd behaviour the Level knob had on the clean signal, hope someone will find this useful :icon_biggrin:

ElectricDruid

Nice work. It's always worth plugging away at these things. Sometimes they're not easy to find, but that makes it that much sweeter when you finally get it!