Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay Clone Debugging

Started by stinkypu, January 03, 2019, 06:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stinkypu

Hi Its my first post here , i bought a part populated board from ebay LINK> https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254028436504?ul_noapp=true
And started putting it together yesterday i got it all soldered up in the case after a few hiccups and making sure as far as i could it was all in the right place I thought i had a 100k resistor for the out but i replaced it wiith a 200k (i didnt think this would make much difference all searches seemed to say it was to stop the pop when being turned on i checked with the seller and he agreed ,sent me the schematic and told me about here)

So when i tried out the pedal when switched off i get the signal comes through the bypass so this seems ok, when its swiched on the pedal started to squeal this seemed to be a squeal coming from being powered on and that noise being repeated i cant remember which knob i turned but turning it counter clockwise then clockwise sorted it almost like the noise had infinte repeats possibly and that cleared it.

Then on to the delay part when its turned on i get the dry signal fine but the delay repeats once and its distorted it sounds like a bit crusher effect i went over everything again thats when i emailed the seller and got the schematic , ill add that after i try and get everything down , so today i sat down with the schematic ,multimeter and tried to make so sense of everything , ive spent most of today trying to check the resistors and they were in the right spot I havent moved on to anything else because of my limited knowledge of this :)

i read the debugging thread and ended up here

1.What does it do, not do, and sound like? Bypass signal Works + Dry Signal Works + Distorted Delay + Only one Repeat
2.Name of the circuit =Deep Blue
3.Source of the circuit (URL of schematic or project) = Will add to post
4.Any modifications to the circuit? Y or N . +N
5.Any parts substitutions? If yes, list them. used a 200k instead of 100k for R21
6.Positive ground to negative ground conversion? Y or N + Not Sure NO
7.Turn your meter on, set it to the 10V or 20V scale. Remove the battery from the battery clip. Probe the battery terminals with the meter leads before putting it in the clip. What is the out of circuit battery voltage? => No Battery
Now insert the battery into the clip. If your effect is wired so that a plug must be in the input or output jack to turn the battery power on, insert one end of a cord into that jack. Connect the negative/black meter lead to signal ground by clipping the negative/black lead to the outer sleeve of the input or output jack, whichever does not have a plug in it. With the negative lead on signal ground, measure the following:
Voltage at the circuit board end of the red battery lead =
Voltage at the circuit board end of the black battery lead =

Here is the values i found for the resistors so far
1:1m          11.10k
2. 178k       12. 20k
3. 365k       13. 1k
4.  22k        14.10k
5.  12k        15.2k7
6 .  10k .     16. 1k
7 .  20k       17. 2k
8.   5k1       18. 33 (this is probably .033 im still working out the multimeter too)
9 .  10k .     19. 6.7 on the schematic this shows as 10k
10.  10k .     20. 5.7 another one that shows as 10k n the schematic
21. is 200k instead of 100k

I think ive added everything so any advice would be appreciated hopefully this all posts :)

Kipper4

Check for bad joints around the delay or rpt pots.

Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

stinkypu

Hi , Thanks for the reply i checked all 18 today some were a bit untidy ive used wires for the pots instead of mounting to the board , I tidied them all up made sure they were the right way round :) i get the same thing.

Ive ordered another few b50k pots and ill swap them out (i reused a few i had laying around i'll update when they arrive)