John Hornsby Skewes Phaser popping issue.

Started by Rambozo96, January 15, 2019, 03:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambozo96

Hello I was gonna ask where to look on this phaser to fix the popping noise that I'm experiencing on this pedal that seems to pop faster if you set the Phaser speed faster and slows down when the speed is lowered. I wonder if maybe I should check around in the LFO section. I will try to trace the pedal and draw up a schematic if that would help. Thanks in advance.

Pringles1

Hi, I have the same problem with a Fuzzdog kit ... any help? Could you solve the problem?

Thanks

antonis

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

Pringles1

Hi,
I attached the layout of the pedal and 2 photos of the pedal assembly. I included the optional variable control for feedback with a trimmer 20Kb, T2). I adjust T1 to bias the gates of the FETs at around 3.19V in all the FETs.
I tried to upload a video so you can see the problem but it doesn't let me. The phaser effect sounds good when I connect the guitar with a click synchronized with the oscilloscope clock. When I stop playing the guitar the click is maintained and varies when the speed pot is turned. when I turn off the effect the click disappears. The LED does not change or flash at any time.

Thanks for your help!