A/B switch with 2 inputs 1 output? switch between 2 guitars and 1 amp

Started by rosssurf, February 21, 2019, 08:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosssurf

I have seen a lot of threads regarding an AB switcher that is for one input and 2 outputs for running a guitar out to different amps and such, but I am looking to run 2 inputs and one output.  I want to be able to have one input be a standard tuned guitar and the other be a 1/2 step down tuned guitar that runs out to one amp.  Is there a layout for something like this that is passive?

Kevin Mitchell

Same A/B concept but reverse.

You probably won't like the clunky rig and go back to swapping the cable like normal people  :P
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

rosssurf

It's just for picking up differently tuned guitar to learn songs in my basement. It's not something I would use live.

Kevin Mitchell

I suppose it's about preference and how frequently you swap out instruments.

If you only own 2 CDs, is it worth having a multidisc CD player?
I'm a vinyl guy and enjoy every bit of involvement in preparation, getting up to flip it over and repeat.

But if it's something for the lounge... why the hell not  :icon_lol:

• SUPPORTER

rosssurf

So would I simply make a passive AB box and simply plug the guitars into the output. I fiddled with something and I am getting one guitar only one one side and both guitar but much quieter on the other side.

Is there a build you recommend??

I really don't need LED's or anything.

Elijah-Baley

«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»
Elijah Baley in Isaac Asimov's The Cave Of Steel

Kevin Mitchell

• SUPPORTER

rosssurf