CE1 Ensemble crunch by - schematic

Started by Amitay3333, April 03, 2019, 06:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amitay3333

So far i got two Ic schematic both r charge pumps but one v out is + and one v out is - pls if someone can do charge pump with both i will be grateful and btw in this schem there is two diodes im happyy😊😊😊😊

Amitay3333

Quote from: Amitay3333 on April 09, 2019, 04:06:24 PM
So far i got two Ic schematic both r charge pumps but one v out is + and one v out is - pls if someone can do charge pump with both i will be grateful and btw in this schem there is two diodes im happyy😊😊😊😊

Can someone help me solve that? its the only thing that I need to build that pedal...

slacker

You don't need positive and negative from the charge pump, the positive voltage will be the 9 Volts from the battery or power supply powering the pedal. The charge pump takes that and gives you the negative voltage so you just need the second schematic you posted.

Amitay3333

Quote from: slacker on April 12, 2019, 01:28:32 PM
You don't need positive and negative from the charge pump, the positive voltage will be the 9 Volts from the battery or power supply powering the pedal. The charge pump takes that and gives you the negative voltage so you just need the second schematic you posted.
Thanks for the replying but still I cant take the positive from the 9v cus I need it to be 13v not 9 so I need it to get first inside the charge pump and from then i need to split it to negativ and positive 13v and I dont know how to do it...

garcho

Quotewhat? do u think  I'm a begginer?

Quotethen i need to split it to negativ and positive 13v and I dont know how to do it...

The first schematic you posted is a voltage doubler (less 2 diode drops). You're not a "begginer" so I don't need to tell you this but that will give you more than 13VDC. Did you do the math? Since you're not a beginner, you've surely read the data sheet, right?

The need for 13/-9 is silly, forget about it, just use +/-9VDC and be done with this quixotic quest. If you think those extra volts will give you magic tone, you are indeed a beginner, which is totally fine! Just take the good advice and help you've been given and run with it.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

slacker

What he said, you don't need +-13 volts, +-9 is plenty. If you look at demos of the pedal most people are using the low side, which is just an opamp booster, if you run this of +- 9 volts then you'll get about 14 Volts peak to peak of clean boost, that's enough to overdrive the crap out of any amp.
A couple of demos I've seen say the sweet spot on the pedal is with the volume at about 1 o'clock, the opamp has a gain of 48, the pot is log so 1 o'clock is about 20%, so the total gain is about 10, +-9 volts is plenty for that.
This transistor boost in the high side will work fine on 9 volts.
If you do want to try more voltage look at the schematic for the Klon, this has a charge pump that gives about +18 and -9. 

Amitay3333

Quote from: garcho on April 14, 2019, 03:15:54 AM
Quotewhat? do u think  I'm a begginer?

Quotethen i need to split it to negativ and positive 13v and I dont know how to do it...

The first schematic you posted is a voltage doubler (less 2 diode drops). You're not a "begginer" so I don't need to tell you this but that will give you more than 13VDC. Did you do the math? Since you're not a beginner, you've surely read the data sheet, right?

The need for 13/-9 is silly, forget about it, just use +/-9VDC and be done with this quixotic quest. If you think those extra volts will give you magic tone, you are indeed a beginner, which is totally fine! Just take the good advice and help you've been given and run with it.
I was saying begginer on tone understanding not on electricity... and pls i need help for what i did ask i dont want 9v i need 13v negative and positive... i dont think it so difficolt to solve still thanks for helping...:)

slacker

If you really want about +-13 volts, look at figure 22 on page 18 on the datasheet for the LT1054 http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lt1054.pdf From 9 volts this will give you about +-16 or 17 volts. You could then use LM7812 and LM7912 voltage regulators to drop this to +-12 volts. Getting +-13 is trickier because 13 volts isn't a standard voltage, it's doable but 12 would be close enough.
In my opinion this is a lot of work for no real advantage over just using +- 9 volts, which is almost certainly what the pedal you're trying to copy does.

Amitay3333

Quote from: slacker on April 14, 2019, 06:55:25 AM
If you really want +-13 volts, look at figure 22 on page 18 on the datasheet for the LT1054 http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lt1054.pdf From 9 volts this will give you about +-16 or 17 volts. You could then use voltage regulators to drop this to +-13 volts. In my opinion this is a lot of work for no real advantage over just using +- 9 volts, which is almost certainly what the pedal you're trying to copy does.
Thnx for the reply...😊 but still I know for shure that the pedal is 9v but inside is 13v like the original ce1, the pedal have 2 ic one for the circuit itself and one for the charge pump...I dont think that the pedal do what u said I think its just 9v to 13v and then split into negative and positive u shure that there is no easy other way to do that?

Amitay3333

The pics that I send in the begging show's that the pedal have the normal components like the original boss ce1 preamp section, plus 3 caps, 1 resistor(maybe its for mod im not shure) and more one IC, I think that the extra components used for the charge pump and split rail supply... I dont know if there is more extra parts becuse its just a pic... but i belive that the way he used to do that but still i dont know how plss help me solve  that☺😊 for shure I know that the pedal is 9v but inside is 13v and it have the exact same schematic like the original ce1!

slacker

Sorry from the pictures I can't see any way it is generating positive and negative 13 volts, with just the extra IC, a few caps and maybe 2 diodes I still think it's is just generating -9 volts. How are you sure it is +-13 Volts?

If you want to experiment this might work, if you play about with different colour LEDs or maybe more than one LED in series you can probably get close to 13 volts. Like we've tried to explain to you, the exact voltage isn't that important though.

Amitay3333

Quote from: slacker on April 14, 2019, 08:08:20 AM
Sorry from the pictures I can't see any way it is generating positive and negative 13 volts, with just the extra IC, a few caps and maybe 2 diodes I still think it's is just generating -9 volts. How are you sure it is +-13 Volts?

If you want to experiment this might work, if you play about with different colour LEDs or maybe more than one LED in series you can probably get close to 13 volts. Like we've tried to explain to you, the exact voltage isn't that important though.

First of all thank u for the help.😊 secondly i know because I asked the maker of the pedal and he said that the pedal works exactly like the ce1 original preamp but with modern Ic(I dont know what he mean about modern...) and I asked if the circuit inside is on 13v and he said yes... so I dont understand I can use -9v and 13v i cant unberstand how the pedal works maybe can u look at the pics and gess what the circuit plss?

slacker

The circuit I just posted should give you about +13 volts where it says +Vo and -13 volts where it says -Vo. If you combine that with the pre amp circuit from the CE1 then you've got what you want.

Quotecan u look at the pics and gess what the circuit plss?
I think it is what I posted in reply #15.

chorusjunkie

The original schematic has two diodes just before output,they have nothing to do with voltage. I traced the pedal and the extra IC doubles voltage to 18v but 9v is close enough. Also the pot is stock 50ka not 500k.

Amitay3333

This is for u guys... I finished the CE1 ensemble crunch schematic but I have two problems... pls help me solve them. first her is the schematic:

As u can see I have in the schematic 12 resistor while that in the CE1 crunch there is in the first version pcb- 13 resistor and in the new second pcb- 14 resistors(I think one of them is for the LED but im not sure, this is the first problem.)
So as u can see in here there is the new pcb:

I have calculated the resistors and here is the visual resistors values like on the pcb:

The problem is that I dont have a clue where is the 12k resistor suppose to be and where is the 8.2k but i think the 8.2k is for the LED but why so high resistor value for LED? Im not sure... maybe its a white led that needed high value resistor?
Here is the pictures of the front of the pedal:
https://reverb.com/item/16547295-triungulo-lab-ce-1-ensamble-crunch-guitar-effects-pedal

I cant see what led it uses...
Also another new pcb of the pedal have changed the 8.2k resistor from 8.2k to some vlaue whats indicate its a LED resistor if someone knows witch one then tell me pls, here is the pcb picture:

Pls help me understand where to put the 12k and the 8.2k resistor if it need to be put.

victorfideliss

Hi. I know that's a old topic but would anybody help me building only the Ce-1 preamp clone? i want to use it as a overdrive but I didn't find anything with a solution on the internet.. and I'm beginner in pedal building..

This schematic that you guys posted already worked? In 9v? It made any difference in the sound?

Thank you! :)

fernandosk

Have anybody built this pedal? I have read reports of 7660s chips frying in similar applications. What are the alternatives for providing +9/-9V from a +9V or +18 V power supply?

garcho

±9VDC from an LT1054. Don't give it 18V.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

jf306

Hi guys,

I'm also really interested in this.  Is there anyone who could make a layout for this pedal ?  I can build a pedal from a layout, but I can't read a schematic very well yet to reproduce a layout from it..

Thanks  :)