Vero from schematic

Started by whomeno, October 06, 2019, 10:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whomeno

Hi all,
Could I get a little help from all the vero layout guys?
I have built the noisy cricket and it sounds great.
I would love to build a 1 watt amp from electrosmash.  I have read through the lay out guide alot and still having problems on getting this done.
I would love to have someone do it in vero then I can see how it is done better.
All pots and jacks would be offboard, with a toggle for power. no need for head phone output.

here is the schematic.

Gear as of now
Gibson 2017 Les Paul Tribute T
Epiphone Les paul Special (upgraded)
Marshall DSL 20 Head
Peavy Valve king 20 W
2 X 12 Cabinet with celestion vintage 30 & celestion G12T-75
And a lot of pedals

patrick398

Have you tried DIYLC? I found the best way is just to jump straight in. Put chips and transistors in first and just start adding stuff in. When everything is in you can think about how to save space. It gets easier and easier the more you do. I'm by no means good at it, but good enough for my needs if and when i want to do a vero

deadastronaut

+1 on DIYLC..  nothing like getting your feet wet.  great lil prog. 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

FUZZZZzzzz

DIYLC is indeed a cool piece of software. I would search for a couple of veros of different circuits to see how people design their layouts and start with something simple. As the Germans say: Ubung macht meister (practice makes perfect)
"If I could make noise with anything, I was going to"

anotherjim

Simple would be something like a Rangemaster, LPB1 or Bazz Fuss. Don't build that 1Wamp unless you socket the JFET's and have a bag of them to select from.

whomeno

I think  I will try some small ones. Then move on to the bigger ones
Gear as of now
Gibson 2017 Les Paul Tribute T
Epiphone Les paul Special (upgraded)
Marshall DSL 20 Head
Peavy Valve king 20 W
2 X 12 Cabinet with celestion vintage 30 & celestion G12T-75
And a lot of pedals