Can you identify these Russian Diodes?

Started by Bunkey, January 26, 2020, 03:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunkey

A few months ago I was sent a batch of silicon diodes in error by a Russian supplier of NOS Soviet-era military components.
(I did receive an apology and the correct Ge's on request!  :icon_razz:)

I'm cataloging my stock and trying to identify what these are exactly..

They have a clear glass casing with a single white dot marking the ANODE

and a forward voltage of ~770mV in my cold-af house.

I have about 70 of them so it'd be nice to know  :icon_lol:

Cheers
...just riffing.

Bunkey

*bump*

If anyone would like to try some of these for themselves give me a shout and I'll do my best to accommodate  :icon_mrgreen:
...just riffing.

j_flanders

Why not simply ask the seller what he sent you? :)

They look like D9D (Д9Д) although your .700mV readings would be strange as these are Ge's.
http://dsmcz.com/prestashop/diodes/7898-d9d-9-germanium-diode-30v-30ma-white-dot-these-are-the-magic-mojo-ones.html
Better pictures on other sites.
For example:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/20x-D9D-9-Germanium-Detector-Diode-30V-30mA-USSR-Soviet-Russian-NEW-/141059651898

Bunkey

They are a lot brighter than my Ge's when tested as the C-B diode in a Bazz Fuss circuit, so the reverse leakage seems consistent with Si too.

Having sorted through them they're all in the high 770's / 780's with a few exceptions like this double-marked casing and a couple hovering around 820:

Quote from: j_flanders on January 27, 2020, 05:34:56 PM
Why not simply ask the seller what he sent you? :)

I considered it but I got them mixed in with a 100 lot of D9K's at an appalling 70:30 ratio. I think the seller might have been trying to cut the larger lots of Ge's with these non-descript Si's. I messaged him about it immediately and he sent me another 50 D9K's at my request - So it's a bit of an awkward subject to approach again!

All the D9D's I've seen have bands - including the D9D's this seller has listed (couldn't find these dotted diodes on his shop anywhere!).

I posted this on madbean and also came across the listing you linked so I've messaged that seller for details - They should have a Vf of 330 - 340mV - we'll see what he says.

I'm tempted to try a small lot just to see how they compare.

Interesting stuff anyway. For now I'm calling them 'Mystery Russians' :icon_lol: though they are very much Si diodes, at least the ones I have.

Thanks for the help
...just riffing.