What is a pipe bomb project?

Started by jm22, June 09, 2020, 02:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jm22

I was browsing stuff at Small Bear and saw some very small speakers where the description said "try this for a pipe bomb project." What do they mean by this? Is this some kind of funky pedal?

EBK

If I were designing something from just that description, it would be a PVC pipe sealed at both ends with a speaker in one end cap and a microphone in the other, with a small amplifier for each.  No idea what an actual non-dangerous "pipe bomb" is though, and I'm not Googling that right now.....

I also have no idea if that PVC thing I described would do anything other than act as a dull filter.
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

jm22

Indeed, I didn't want to google it either, so I thought the context of asking in a pedal forum was the better idea.

dthurstan

Quote from: EBK on June 09, 2020, 02:27:43 PM
If I were designing something from just that description, it would be a PVC pipe sealed at both ends with a speaker in one end cap and a microphone in the other, with a small amplifier for each.  No idea what an actual non-dangerous "pipe bomb" is though, and I'm not Googling that right now.....

I also have no idea if that PVC thing I described would do anything other than act as a dull filter.

That is exactly what it is. I remember this from the late 90's. Thought it was a cool idea. There was a picture of the idea on the web, can't remember if it had any actual info like amplifier circuit.

dthurstan

antonis

It's time for state variable filters to be utilized in gardening irigation..
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

Gordo

I seem to recall this being the key to Joe Walsh's vocal sound. Well, that and a lot of vodka in earlier years.
Bust the busters
Screw the feeders
Make the healers feel the way I feel...

EBK

Just going to gently place this here:

I think the wood and the bicycle count as his pedal board.  :icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

jm22

That delay pedal looks a bit impractical to take on the road.

dthurstan

Quote from: jm22 on June 13, 2020, 12:30:38 AM
That delay pedal looks a bit impractical to take on the road.

What are you talking about he brought it there on his bike!

jm22

Sure, but how many gigs are going to be close enough to ride to?

jm22

I've decided to make one, albeit quite a bit smaller than the one under discussion.  8)