Wren And Cuff Phat Phuk B

Started by DnD, July 12, 2020, 04:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DnD

Hi I've built a Wren And Cuff Phat Phuk B first breadboarded and everything was fine, then on vero and boxed. It sounds good but
after switching on, sound comes after 1 sec. Build and layout are verified and seems to be OK, I've replaced 3PDT and input and output caps.I've also add a2M2 to out from ground, nothing change. Any hint? Do  anybody  experienced something simililar?
Trannies are 2N404 and J201
Thank you!
DnD

tonyharker

Are you switching the power with the footswitch?

DnD

No it is a standard offboard wiring, circuit is powered via external power supply and no battery option

duck_arse

at the risk of sounding like a broken rekord, is there a circuit diagram that we might see, so as to know how the trannies are supposed to be connecting? and, of course, photos of what you have built, so as we can see what you have done.

thank you most kindly.
don't make me draw another line.

antonis

Additionally to Stephen's ultra-polite request, it should be interesting to take a look at power supply RC time constant..
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

PRR

• SUPPORTER

antonis

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

DnD

Hi and thank you for all replies... sorry for not having attached any additional infos about my build.
Power supply is a Zoom 9VDC 500mA adapter and works fine, Sure I could try with another one and/or with battery.
I could also try with others trannies: a PNP SI instead of GE and a BF245 only to see if anything will happen!
Thank you once again for your help
DnD

willienillie

Can't see it all, but looks like you added a CLR for the LED (1K?), from 9V to the otherwise-unused Row D (from vero layout)...am I right?  Then your wire to the LED is coming from Row E instead.

DnD

Yes exactly, I've put CLR to row A to row D and I'm starting to wonder that could be the mistake. I'll check when back home this afternoon and I'll let you know....Thank you!

willienillie

Yeah I bet that's it, just move the light blue wire up one hole.  I suppose you'll want to re-adjust the trimmer once corrected.  Well maybe, not sure.

Let us know how it goes!

DnD

Back home, had dinner and had a look on LED wiring:Thats it! I'm feeling a tad stupid.....anyway thank you willienillie for your help!
Have a nice night
Alessandro