PedalPCB Proco Rat clone: It did work and now it doesn't

Started by Peacheater81, August 20, 2020, 05:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peacheater81

It wasn't working, I realized the led (new) died.  I cleaned the board with -OH, changed the LED and it worked (made sound).  I put it back in the enclosure and went to label it, I couldn't remember which knob was vol, dist. etc, so I plugged it in.  The LED lights up, but there is no sound.

1.What does it do, not do, and sound like? No sound at all even when I touch the input instrument cable
2.Name of the circuit =PedalPCB Rat clone
3.Source of the circuit (URL of schematic or project) = https://www.pedalpcb.com/product/muroidea/
4.Any modifications to the circuit? N
5.Any parts substitutions? If yes, list them.
6.Positive ground to negative ground conversion? N
7.Turn your meter on, set it to the 10V or 20V scale. Remove the battery from the battery clip. Probe the battery terminals with the meter leads before putting it in the clip. What is the out of circuit battery voltage? => There is no battery clip
Now insert the battery into the clip. If your effect is wired so that a plug must be in the input or output jack to turn the battery power on, insert one end of a cord into that jack. Connect the negative/black meter lead to signal ground by clipping the negative/black lead to the outer sleeve of the input or output jack, whichever does not have a plug in it. With the negative lead on signal ground, measure the following:
Voltage at the circuit board end of the red lead =9.30V
Voltage at the circuit board end of the blacklead =0V

Now, using the original schematic as a reference for which part is which (that is, which transistor is Q1, Q2, etc. and which IC is IC1, IC2, C1, and so on) measure and list the voltage on each pin of every transistor and IC. Just keep the black lead on ground, and touch the pointed end of the red probe to each one in turn. Report the voltages as follows:

IC1 (or U1)
P1=7.02
P2=3.85
P3=3.51
P4=0V
P5=7.03V
P6=9.07
P7=3.86
P8=3.21

I didn't see any voltage on the diodes.  Also, It appears that the output wire is grounded.  it also shows 9.3V when I touch it and the red power lead.

Peacheater81

somehow fixed it...not sure..maybe bad ground off the output jack

PRR

• SUPPORTER