Help with circuit analysis on Bumble Buzz

Started by mikepurcell, March 25, 2021, 11:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepurcell

I've built this circuit and really like how it sounds but would like to tweak it a bit - I added a volume knob, replacing the 330k resistor with a 500k pot and I also added a sag pot on the +9v input, it seems to help with some of my low output guitars. I also added switchable input caps to roll off a little bottom on the input.

I'm looking to add a tone control and it seems like the network on the end (R16, R17, C7 & C8) make up the hp and lp filters on the output. Can anyone clarify the operation of this portion of the circuit?

If I wanted to add a rudimentary tone control, would it be as simple as subbing a 50k pot for R17?

Thanks

andy-h-h

It's basically a trimmed back super fuzz.  There's a lot of mods out there that you could test on the bridged t notch filter.   

I couldn't get the link working - google mark hammer alternate fuzz tone control.   You might find it interesting for this.

Pretty good thread right here too.  https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=86199.0

antonis

You can bring R17 down and turn it into a Tonestack..

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

mikepurcell

Thanks for the thread referral and the tonestack mod!

I'll give it a try.