B337 & BC327 alternatives

Started by snk, April 09, 2021, 04:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snk

Hello,
I am considering building this, but i don't have any B337 & BC327 transistors... Are these models mandatory to have the circuit work at his best, or can I try several alternatives?
Which transistors would you recommend for this task?
Thank you

This is the schematic

antonis

BC546/547/548 (A/B/o C) for BC337 and BC556 to 560 (A/B/or C) for BC327..
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

snk

Thank you, Antonis : I have plenty BC547!

Jarno

That was my feeling as well, although I'd shoot for the "A" versions as 327 and 337 do not have a lot of gain. Only T1 and T4 might need to be a bit more "stout" since those are sort of the output to the stack of diodes, not sure if the small signal transistors can handle that (327/337 is a medium power transistor).

antonis

Just make R6 value up to 1k, in case of T1/T4 are getting hot.. :icon_wink:

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

Marcos - Munky

They're general purpose transistors. You can usually substitute them for a 2N3904 or 2N5088 (for BC337) and 2N3906 or 2N5087 (for BC327). Just keep in mind the BC and 2N transistors have different pinouts, they're reversed when compared to each other, so you need to rotate them by 180ยบ when you substitute a BC for a 2N or a 2N for a BC.

iainpunk

i'd recommend BC547 and BC557, they are my main go-to transistors.

cheers
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

snk

Thank you all for your suggestions!