News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

where are all the FV-1's?

Started by deadastronaut, July 14, 2021, 02:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vigilante397

Yikes. I've done a couple FV-1 swaps with a hot air station and it was fine, but not the kind of thing I want to do 400 times :icon_eek:

I agree with Rob, buy legit or buy twice. I've taken chances on dicey PT2399, but I won't do it with FV-1. Glad experimental noize has you hooked up, they're good folks.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Ice-9

Quote from: vigilante397 on November 17, 2021, 09:20:07 AM
Yikes. I've done a couple FV-1 swaps with a hot air station and it was fine, but not the kind of thing I want to do 400 times :icon_eek:

I agree with Rob, buy legit or buy twice. I've taken chances on dicey PT2399, but I won't do it with FV-1. Glad experimental noize has you hooked up, they're good folks.

I agree as well, buy legit or be prepared for problems. 

For removing and replacing FV-1 (or any largish SOIC pin chip) I find the easiest method is with a hot iron and slipping a thin feeler guage under the chip to ease it up as you go.  Like everything though it is down to getting used to the best way that suits yourself.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.