Vero/Stripboard strategies and layout planning

Started by matopotato, January 22, 2023, 02:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy-h-h

Quote from: digi2t on January 27, 2023, 08:19:32 AM
^^^ This.

What Tom said. It's vero, and for those that don't develop the habit of scrapping out the flux (and potential solder bridges) between rows before plugging it in, well... power supplies no likey. Also, I've found over time that it helps cut down overall on the amount of jumpers needed to bring power to a point. I tend to work from left to right, following along with the schematic, so having the + across the top, and the GND across the bottom works for me. Then I can work at bringing the components to the power, rather than the other way around. Sorta like bringing the mountain to Mohammed. Of course, that might just be my brain's way of sorting it out, YMMV. As I mentioned before, things typically start to get dicey when you're dealing with LFO's and such, otherwise, I've never had any issues.

Quote from: andy-h-h on January 27, 2023, 01:44:32 AM
Quote from: digi2t on January 26, 2023, 10:34:06 PM

- I try to put the power rails as far apart as is feasible. I may have to nudge them up or down during conception, or jumper to other rows, but I try not to run them directly parallel to each other, if at all possible.

Just curious as I frequently do the opposite - is there a technical reason for separating the rails?   I often run both at the top, and then a link to ground at the bottom.   

PS Voltages on the Buzzaround?  +9V / -9V

Ah yes... The old bipolar Buzzaround. I forgot about that one. :icon_lol:

The +9v should read "GND". Spank me.

Yeah that's a pretty valid reason.  I work the same way, but with the addition of another ground rail at the top.  I might reconsider for future layouts, as it could get toasty for some people with not so great soldering / build techniques.   Although it will bother the OCD part of my brain.     ;)