3pdt foot switches uk

Started by Steve Blackdog, January 28, 2023, 07:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Blackdog

Hi folks

Just a quick query for any UK based members.

I have a couple of builds on the go including the Little Angel ( for which thanks to everyone on this forum who have shared your experience and brains!)

I have been putting a component list together and will get most of it from Farnells, who sell a lot of their private label Multicomp Pro components.   I was surprised to find that their 3PDT foot switches are around £7 + vat each. I can't find out who manufactures the Multicomp Pro switches and guess they are fairly generic Chinese products.

You can pick up no name switches on Amazon and eBay for half that price.  So I am wondering if there is any quality advantage with going with Farnell rather than any other Chinese switches.

Can anyone share their experience?  Also where do you source your components from in the UK?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

anotherjim

I usually only go to Farnell for rarer things that the hobby-orientated sellers don't stock.

I usually look first at bitsbox.co.uk
Others mention switchelectronics.co.uk.

3PDT is one item that is often out of stock for some reason.

bluebunny

I've made multiple purchases for 3PDTs (and other stuff) from UK-based eBay vendor "dunkuk".
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Steve Blackdog

Thanks so much for your excellent responses.

I now have a full shopping cart at Bitsbox. Great selection, fair prices!  All good so far.

All the best

Steve

anotherjim

Oh great, now it'll be out of stock when I want some  :'(
Only joking. Delivery is usually pretty good for me by RM but during the strikes, they used Herpes now Evry and it took ten days to get 70 miles, but at least it wasn't damaged or thrown over the fence.

Kipper4

It's been a while since I shopped for switches (uk based) but I used to use eBay bulk buys or Bitsbox.uk.
Not sure how much switches are there now but I used to moan at £2.50 a piece back in the day.
Hope you find some
Rich
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

Kipper4

Yep bitsboxuk is still trading. (Not affiliated)
And it's cheaper than your 7squid switch

https://www.bitsboxuk.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=116_128&products_id=890
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

Steve Blackdog

Quote from: anotherjim on January 29, 2023, 02:12:26 PM
Oh great, now it'll be out of stock when I want some  :'(
Only joking. Delivery is usually pretty good for me by RM but during the strikes, they used Herpes now Evry and it took ten days to get 70 miles, but at least it wasn't damaged or thrown over the fence.

Thanks again for the intro to BitsBox. Can't believe how quick they are. Everything arrived today!