Menatone The King - static rumble (schematic required)

Started by Bosco Birdswood, February 09, 2023, 12:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bosco Birdswood

Hi all, does anyone have a schematic for Menatone's The King overdrive pedal? Mine is making a static noise that sounds somewhere between white noise and a dirty record. I've cleaned all pots and jacks, tried it with both battery and the Pedal Power but nothing has improved. The Gain control does not affect the noise level but the Drive control increases it a bit and makes noise when you turn it, albeit not your classic dirty pot noise. The noise is still present even with the Drive right down More just affecting and accentuating the static noise. The tone controls all shape the sound of the static so it's being introduced before then. The volume control affects the level of the static as well.

Any guidance as to where you'd be looking or where I could find the schematic would be great.

Cheers, Tom

duck_arse

don't make me draw another line.

antonis

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

bartimaeus

Quote from: antonis on February 09, 2023, 10:17:22 AM
I'd try an input cap (10nF - 100nF)..

why add the cap? don't jfet amp pedals often remove the cap to be more amp-accurate?

antonis

Quote from: bartimaeus on February 13, 2023, 02:22:33 AM
don't jfet amp pedals often remove the cap to be more amp-accurate?

Only if they're absolutely sure about preceding stage DC offset entire absence... :icon_wink:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..