Vintage Small Clone schematic/off-board wiring diagram?

Started by Rodgre, February 16, 2023, 06:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodgre

I'm repairing a vintage EHX Small Clone which had been modified for a modern DC power jack. I don't know what else had been modified but in any case, the off-board wiring solder connections are atrocious. I was going to clean that stuff up, but I noticed that it is only using an SPDT footswitch and has a status LED as well, so I was looking for a schematic to show how EHX was implementing that. (Before you say it, the owner does NOT want me to put in a true bypass 3PDT switch for some reason....I know, I know....)

Does anyone have an original schematic that shows the switching or can someone explain it to me?

Thank you
Roger

antonis

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

Rodgre

Thank you!

Interesting. So I'm trying to wrap my head around that. I assume it's just taking the chorus signal out of the final mixing stage when it's bypassed?

If anything could stand to have true-bypass switching put in, this would definitely be one case, though I have no problem with buffered bypass pedals at all.

Roger

antonis

Quote from: Rodgre on February 16, 2023, 07:31:02 AM
I assume it's just taking the chorus signal out of the final mixing stage when it's bypassed?

Quite right.. :icon_wink:

2N4340 JFET acts as a dry wet signal series ON-OFF switch..
https://www.electronicshub.org/fet-as-a-switch/
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..