How do I remove LED's?

Started by rasMUS, February 17, 2023, 11:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rasMUS

Hi,

I've bought the Schalltechnik Pumpernickel (https://schalltechnik04.de/en/instructions/pumpernickel) compressor and are doing a custom design for the enclosure. For that to fit I would like to remove the row of LED-indicators on top (and preferably the whole LED-Indicator-Board shown in step 9 on the link above.

I'm still learning the basics with electronics and I'm not sure how to make this work (or if it can be done at all). Does anyone here want to take a look and help me?

/Rasmus

PRR

Welcome!

> I would like to remove the row of LED-indicators on top (and preferably the whole LED-Indicator-Board

There's just five wires to that board.

Call them S1, S2, and P1 P2 P3. Run wires from main board to display board. Don't mix them up.

• SUPPORTER

DIY Bass

Is your aim to just not have the meter, or to shift it elsewhere.  If you just don't want it you should be able to just not install it.  If you want it elsewhere then as Paul said just use 5 wires, or you could solder some header pins or sockets or some form of connector and then use wires with connectors to plug it together.

rasMUS

Thank you both so much! I'm going for no meter at all, so I'll just skip it then.