24LC32A burned Rom with Pickit2, Successful, but doesn't work

Started by tony311, March 04, 2023, 05:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tony311

Quote from: Ice-9 on March 13, 2023, 01:40:44 PM
I have just had a look at your PCB board for the programmer adapter, it all looks correct and is very much the same as my oown adapter bpard.  It may seem a silly question but have you plugged in the Pickit2 programmer the right way around.
You could try and download a ready made known working hex file from SpinSemi to try, this way you can confirm that it is not the hex file that at fault.

Definatly plugged in the correct way. So yours works???? I will try a file from SpinSemi. Thank you.

OK so I tried with a Sample hex and it does work. I tried to make one with 8 effects on it so I could switch through the effects as the Headspin has an 8 position rotary. I obviously did somthing wrong there.

Ice-9

Ok, if the file worked then you need to look at how you are generating your 8x effect HEX file. If you can give us some information how you are making your effects code (SpinCad or SpinASM) and compiling the 8 effects into a HEX file i'm sure we can work out why your HEX is failing.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

GuitarPhil

Quote from: tony311 on March 12, 2023, 06:10:55 PM
Quote from: GuitarPhil on March 07, 2023, 09:12:24 AM
Some things to check:

• Have you got the correct I2C address Chip Select options set (A0, A1 and A2) to match how the pins are connected on your Veroboard?
  • Note the checksum that is shown when you load in your hex file
  • Read your previously programmed EEPROM back by clicking the Read button. It should give the same checksum if it was programmed correctly. Be aware that the programmer will 'read' the chip (all zeros will be read) even if you don't have one connected to the PICkit2!

When ever I check any of the A0 A1 A2, I get an I2C Bus Error. No matter how many of the three I check or what ever combination.

Your board has the A0=A1=A2=0 so you don't need to check any of the address boxes so that wasn't the problem.