Wiring issue? Using 3-pin stereo jack in stead of 6-pin.

Started by egisseur, March 10, 2023, 03:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

egisseur

Dear fellow DIY aficionados,

I'm just finishing up another KOT clone by Aion (Theseus). Normally I dont have any issue with these builds but right now I'm not getting any sound, even when in bypass  :-\

The one difference with this kit was that the usual 6 pin stereo jack sockets where not included and replaced with regual 3 pin stereo jacks.

I do believe the wiring I did should be right but its just not coming through. Perhaps there are some grounding issues happening because I do notice huming when touching the output wire and second footswitch.

Original docs with wiring instructions can be found here: https://aionfx.com/app/files/docs/theseus_documentation.pdf

I'm still fairly new to this and after serval hours of tinkering I just cant see the issue...

Hopefully someone out there has an idea :D

Thanks!

egisseur

Made an error in original post by mentioning input in stead of ouput...

The first stage (guitar in) is where I dont get a response. The second stage (2nd half of the KOT hums when I touch the jack output wire and Footswitch so I assume the wiring between the input an output are incorrect.

andy-h-h

Hello

I can't see a wire linking the send and return tips (switching), as shown in the build doc (or maybe it's just hidden somewhere).  Probably double check your wiring in that area. 

Good luck

egisseur

Quote from: andy-h-h on March 10, 2023, 05:05:48 PM
Hello

I can't see a wire linking the send and return tips (switching), as shown in the build doc (or maybe it's just hidden somewhere).  Probably double check your wiring in that area. 

Good luck

My god... Fresh eyes do help. Must have been evening blindness on my side.

Thanks Andy!!