YAFF from AMZ

Started by Mike Nichting, January 13, 2004, 01:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Nichting

OK, what and where do I connect the volume pot to etc. etc. on the PCB??
The volume know works but no fuzz and then when I flip the switch nothing.
I have something screwed up and I can't tell what.

help please....??

Mike N.
"It's not pollution thats hurting the earth, it's the impurities in the water and air that are doing it".
Quoted from a Vice President Al Gore speech

amz-fx

The pad labeled "O" is the output and it connects to the volume pot...  if you look at the pot from the back with the lugs down...  connect it to the far left lug.  The signal to the footswitch goes to the middle one and the right lug is grounded.

regards, Jack

Mike Nichting

That is how I have it.I have lug3 of the volume going to "O" on the board.
Lug 2 is going to the switch like it says on the schematic and lug1 is grounded to the casing and then has a wire going to ground.

Fuzz pot: Lug3 is going to the pad between "I" and "O" on the PCB. Lug2 is connected to lug1 via a 22uF cap and then is grounded. Negative end is on lug 1.
The switch is connected like the schematic otherwise. BTW- i have a 3904 and 3906 in this circuit right now because I can't find the ones you used and I don;'t know what would be comparable touse otherwise.
Do I need to install a trim pot anywhere so that I can swap transistors out and bias them right??

Thanks
Mike
"It's not pollution thats hurting the earth, it's the impurities in the water and air that are doing it".

petemoore

If the ckt is NPN you must use both NPN Transistors
 If the Ckt is PNP  you must use both PNP transistors
 2n3904 is NPN                                                     NPN
 2N3906 is the PNP compliment to the 3904             PNP
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Mike Nichting

I'm sorry, I do have 2 3904's in it. I just posted about my green ringer that I'm working on and got mixed up.
Sorry.

Mike N