Signal splitter for a Tuner???

Started by pjackso, February 12, 2004, 09:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjackso

I am looking for the most direct, and simple way to incorporate my tuner into my rig without running my signal through it.  All I use is an H&K Rotosphere straight into my "75 Twin Reverb.  I've tried running a signal out of the Left Output on the Rotosphere to my tuner but that changes the sound dramatically.  Is there a type of "Y" splitter available that wont compromise my signal???
Thanks...

smoguzbenjamin

If you buffered your input signal you could make a box with 2 ouputs which did completely nothing to your signal except put it through 2 outs. You could also use 2 effects in parallel that way! :D
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Arn C.

What about this, I made one and use it all the time for my tuner:

http://www.morleypedals.com/discont.htm

SWITCHING DEVICES - Circa 1982 - 1998
ABC - 3 to 1 OR 1 to 3 Selector (Model ABC) Schematic - Owners Manual

The schematic is in pdf, not sure about the manual

Arn C.

pjackso

I have also been thinking of simply getting an Ernie Ball volume pedal.  I had one a while back and it certainly takes care of the tuner issue.  Is this a good way to go? :)

smoguzbenjamin

If my memory serves me right, what it is is a buffered input signal and one out to the tuner and one to the volume pot ;)
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

dr

....you have two plug ins for your input channel,right?I run a cable from the unused input of the amp (I use normal channel side)to the input of a tuner myself......works ok on my twin....

Tubebass

I use a DPDT stomp switch in a box with 3 - 1/4" jacks. The switch is wired to send the signal either to the amp or the tuner.
More dynamics????? I'm playing as loud as I can!

aron

Quote from: TubebassI use a DPDT stomp switch in a box with 3 - 1/4" jacks. The switch is wired to send the signal either to the amp or the tuner.

That's what I have with the signal muting when I go to tuner mode.

pjackso

I'm not familiar with the "DPDT stomp switch" but it sounds like just the thing.  Can you tell me a bit more about it and tell me where to get one?
Thanks! :D