$50 chip!......Ebay

Started by Fret Wire, February 19, 2004, 03:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Marossy

And don't forget the vintage solder... that's at least half of the vibe, ya know.  :wink:

Peter Snowberg

Of course vintage solder can only be melted by a vintage iron to retain the mojo. ;)

-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Fret Wire

And..to use the vintage iron..reduce household current to 110vac (vintage ac)  :roll:
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Peter Snowberg

Quote from: Fret WireAnd..to use the vintage iron..reduce household current to 110vac (vintage ac)  :roll:
R.G. has some nice adapter plans for that here: http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/vintvolt/vintvolt.htm ;)
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Fret Wire

lol!  :lol:   I still want to see the photos of the "professional extraction". Sounds like something the CDC would use. The pedal in a sterile glass case with those gloves in the side you put your hands in. Then yank it out with titanium tweezers while viewing it on closed circuit camera's. And hot nurses with space suits on to wipe your brow as you perform the "extraction". Something like Andromeda Strain.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

smoguzbenjamin

Of course, professional extraction can only be done with professional equipment ;) Professional vintage soldering iron with a busted tip, just to keep the mojo ;)

:mrgreen:
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

brett

Hey!  There might be something in this vintage soldering iron thing.  My poor old iron BARELY gets hot enough to melt solder.  Maybe I should put it up on e-bay for $500, as the ideal (vintage!) iron for those magical JRC4558Ds. (Is it true that they were hand built on the thighs of Malaysian virgins?).
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

Fret Wire

Less than 9 hours left.....no takers? PT Barnum is watching this one! :shock:
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Chris S

And an Australian, How emabressing  :oops:

Chris (also Australian)

Fret Wire

The saga ends......nobody bought it....in more ways than one! :D
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

george