News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Free samples

Started by smoguzbenjamin, February 20, 2004, 08:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robzilla

Quote from: smoguzbenjamin
Quote from: MRTelecAnyone know of any photocell manufacturers?  I'd like to get a few samples to fool around with.

Texas instruments has some light-controlled voltage generating chips. Pretty cool for stuff like twin T wahs :D Check out their OPT101 chip :)

My stuff from TI:
Part Number Qty Status Est. Ship Date
RC4558P  10  In Stock  2/27/2004
TLC555CP  5  In Stock  2/27/2004
TL072CP  10  In Stock  2/27/2004
OPT101P   5  In Stock  2/27/2004
OPT101P-J 5  In Stock  2/27/2004
TLC2262CP 5  In Stock  2/27/2004
RC4559P  10  In Stock  2/27/2004
TL074IN  10  In Stock  2/27/2004

:mrgreen:

Those aren't the photo cell's i am looking for right?
:)

smoguzbenjamin

Nah what these'll do is output a voltage depending on light. Also fun to play with though.

I feel kinda bad for maxing out all the values on my sample order from TI but hey, 60 IC's for free isn't nothing you know :D

I was checking out ONsemi today, I'm confuzzled. The shopping cart will let me add an infinite amount of samples, I was about to order 170 samples of 10 different devices including FETs, diodes and also bipolar trannies. Then I decided that they were gonna look up and go 'huh?'... The unit price of all these was about 3 - 10 $cents but still. I calculated what I would have payed in the local shop: â,¬52,60! Compare that to the $14,95 shipping cost from onsemi! But what I was wondering is, can I get away with ordering 170 samples in one go? :?
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Xlrator

Create a different user with your buddy's address and see if they will ship to him. If they say no, you can still use your address for resonable requests.  :D
Listen to cKy!

javacody

Give it a try. It's not like Interpol is going to come knocking on your door if they don't. :lol:

Xlrator

I checked my mail today and this is what I got:

----------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Ben

Thank you for choosing to do business with ON Semiconductor. This is a status notification email - no action required by you.

Our records reflect the following changes in status on your previous order submitted through our web site:

Samples for currently available products:
Order id    Device        Quantity    New Status
10680502        2N3906RLRA    25        CANCELED
10680502        2N3904RLRA    25        CANCELED
10680502        LM358N        5        CANCELED
10680502        1N4005RL    25        CANCELED
10680502        1N4003        25        CANCELED
10680502        1N4001        25        CANCELED
10680502        2N5458        25        CANCELED
10680502        2N5457        25        CANCELED
10680502        2N5486        25        CANCELED
10680502        2N5087        25        CANCELED
10680502        2N5088        25        CANCELED
10680502        2N5089        25        CANCELED
10680502        1N4002RL    25        CANCELED
10680502        1N4004RL    25        CANCELED

The shipping address for all these items is
   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Best Regards
Bill Bradford

Remember, to check the status of your order at anytime, please go to www.onsemi.com, login to MyON. Top right hand side of the screen!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I checked it out and I guess it means that it shipped. CANCELED/CLOSED = SHIPPED They could word it a bit different to keep me from ordering a duplicate.

But incase someone else get's this, don't panic. :oops:
Listen to cKy!

smoguzbenjamin

OK looks good you ordered more than 170 samples ;) You didn't pay anything for all that? Except for the $14,95 shipping. ;)

Xlrator

Shipping? What shipping?  :?:

Don't fill out any credit card forms :!:
Listen to cKy!

smoguzbenjamin

I don't have a credit card as such :D Just a giro account, no VISA or mastercard though.

strungout

Hmm TI order form says "VTA may be assessed in the destination country and will be C.O.D."... what's that mean?

Ciao.
"Displaying my ignorance for the whole world to teach".

"Taste can be acquired, like knowledge. What you find bitter, or can't understand, now, you might appreciate later. If you keep trying".

smoguzbenjamin

Donno. Probably import tax.

Somicide

COD means cash on delivery, so i think it means you may be charged, sorry to say!
Peace 'n Love

smoguzbenjamin

O shit what if the postman comes round asking for â,¬30,- :D

Xlrator

But if you're not being charged for the items and just the shipping, wouldn't it still be worth it?

If The post(woman) asked me for $5 for shipping from ____ for $15-20 of transistors and opamps, I would say, OK.  8)
Listen to cKy!

smoguzbenjamin

True but the whole point of ordering samples is that they're freebies and that I don't have to pay anything. :mrgreen: I like keeping my money in my bank accountand I rarely have any cash lying aorund. Oh well my guardians will lend me the money I spose ;) â,¬5,- for 60 ICs isn't bad I guess :D

Michael Allen

Anybody give some help on the KOA Resistor code?......not following it.

RDV

Quote from: rhinsonhello there,  has anyone tried to get samples of the op275 chip from analog devices----used to build the blackcat overdrive on fuzz central? i think they have a samples program. this is a dual bipolar/jfet combo opamp.  i'd like to try and build this one---has anyone out there given it a shot?       rh
I did, they send you samples real nice. I hate that BlackCat though. OpAmp distortion bbbaaaaaddd!!!!

Regards

RDV

strungout

Ok, tax is good. And doubt I have to pay the mailman directly...the instant I receive the stuff...
"Displaying my ignorance for the whole world to teach".

"Taste can be acquired, like knowledge. What you find bitter, or can't understand, now, you might appreciate later. If you keep trying".

smoguzbenjamin

Cash on delivery ;) The man probably won't give it to you (or at least not to me anyway) if you don't cough up. Then he takes it back to the post office and it'll take me ages to get the darn package back again. Hmmmm I better go withdraw some money tomorrow :)

Hal

strungout - not sure where you live, but thats only for out of the USA.  Mine was totally free.

Lumex just denied my order...I didn't think I was too greedy.  

SSL-LX100133SRD 5 2/23/2004
SSL-LX100133SRC/D 5 2/23/2004
OED-PCC-9P5-3 5 2/23/2004
SSL-LX3044LID 15 2/23/2004
SSL-LX50595UBC125 2 2/23/2004

thats 2 blue, 5 normal red, 5 super bright red, 15 high efficency 2mm red, and 5 LDRs.  they said "Hello Hal,
Thank you for visiting our site. Unfortunately I can not sample you this
many products. You may purchase these parts through any stocking Lumex
distributor. If you have any questions please contact me."

I wonder if i try for less, if they'll send me that...

thumposaurus

Hal,
I got the same thing when I requested some photocells from lumex, I asked for 2 of each value, I didn't think it was excessive, but oh well.
Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!