News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Free samples

Started by smoguzbenjamin, February 20, 2004, 08:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thumposaurus

I signed up for TI's program with my hotmail account, ordered a couple of different chips for a rodent I'm building to try out.
I've gotten some LED's as samples from Lite-on in the past too.
Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

bobbletrox

I wanna order some dual array samples from National, but they ask for a company name.  I've got the email thing sorted...but should I just...lie and stick in a fake company?

javacody

Well, maybe you should start your own company? Would it be lying then?  :wink:

Anyone know where I can get high-quality film capacitor samples?

javacody

I just ordered my onsemi samples! That's the 4th sample order I've placed today!

Hal

I wonder if all these companies are gunna wonder why so many people are asking for audio op-amp samples this week...

bobbletrox

Quote from: javacodyWell, maybe you should start your own company? Would it be lying then?  :wink:

Vandelay Industries, manufacturer of latex and latex related products?

...well, if George Costanza can do it...

GuitarLord5000

I couldn't find onsemi's sample order form (if they even have one).  Oh well.  As for the company thing, if I could access my company email from home, I could probably get a ton of samples.  I work for Halliburton Energy Services.  However, my company email is on a secure net and I can't access it without actually being at work.  :(
Life is like a box of chocolates.  You give it to your girlfriend and she eats up the best pieces and throws the rest away.

javacody

GuitarLord, sign up for an account on onsemi, then browse the products. There should be a link next to each product that says "samples available" or something to that effect. Click on the link ant it will be added to your cart. When you are all done, check out.

petemoore

Throwing out seeds to see what 'takes'.
 Seems these companies have figured out that 'sprinkling' seeds [chips] here and there in small quantities makes for excellent research medium for application of the chips...guys like you and me take these seeds, 'plant' them into various circuits and use them for different applications.
 Some applications become popular and create demand for the chips.
 By spreading some of their "DNA" [chip designs] around in fertile places [like this], they can help create marketable applications for the chips !
 This IS a good thing !!!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Marcos - Munky

Well, I didn't payed nothing to receive the samples. At least not yet.

Somicide

wow, most forums knock you if you ask about samples, something about a code or something, but the way you've desribed pete, we're free advertising.  I like thinking of that sort, that way, we both (company and us) get something out of the deal.  sweet.
Peace 'n Love

petemoore

The questions we're pretty general,  They probly figure the seed could start growing anywhere, and by distributing it to individual experimenters, the chances of one finding a new growth territory is good.

smoguzbenjamin

Bobbletrox, why don't you just type in "Student" in you company name box ;)

I gotta get some samples! :P Any other good companies that offer samples?
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

bobbletrox

Well...I am a Student, although my major hasn't got anything to do with electronics.  :D

Thanks for the tip  :wink:

smoguzbenjamin

I'm in high school, so I can call myself 'almost a student' :mrgreen: Close enough... But we're doing electricity in physics this semester so I could need a few semiconductors to blow away my ignorant classmates :mrgreen: lol.

spongebob

Getting samples as a school/university student seems to be legit, I simply entered the name of my university under "Company Name". TI even has the possibility to choose "School Project" or something along those lines as the ordering reason.

I'm not an electronics student either! Though I had to attend an electronics course where I failed miserably... :oops:

smoguzbenjamin

I remember showing my little gem to a friend, he was all like "wow how d'you know all that stuff!" It's an IC and 2 caps, plus a resistor :mrgreen: It was really funny to see his jaw drop to the floor, haha :lol:

But anyway I can't decide what to order from TI. Suggestions?

petemoore

There are some OPA #'s in response to my similar question.
 NE5532 is probably a good bet...4558/?

Ansil

my samples from ti

Part Number Qty Status
OPT101P 1 1 items shipped on 1/29/2004

TLC2262IP 1 1 items shipped on 1/29/2004

TPA701DGN 1 1 items shipped on 1/29/2004

OPT101P 5 5 items shipped on 2/18/2004

RC4558P 10 10 items shipped on 2/18/2004

TLC2262CP 5 5 items shipped on 2/18/2004

TLC2264CN 5 5 items shipped on 2/18/2004

TLC2262CP 5  
TLE2426ILP 5

1P1G3157QDCKRQ1 10  
ADS1286P 5  
CD40103BE 10  
DAC7512N/250 5  
TLC548CP 5  
TLC555CP 5

INA103KP 5  
INA163UA 5  
OPA2134PA 5  
OPA2604AP 5  
SE555P 5  
TLC2262IP 5  
TLC555CP 5  
TPA321D 5

rhinson

hello there,  has anyone tried to get samples of the op275 chip from analog devices----used to build the blackcat overdrive on fuzz central? i think they have a samples program. this is a dual bipolar/jfet combo opamp.  i'd like to try and build this one---has anyone out there given it a shot?       rh