Boss TR-2 ---> VB-2 Mod

Started by 12StringStratMaker, February 25, 2004, 06:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

12StringStratMaker

I was thinking that it'd be neat if I could mod the tr-2 over to being a vibrato instead.  Is this possible in any way while retaining the option to be a tremolo instead? Thanks

Nick123

TR-2  uses  linear  VCA ( M5207 )  modulated  by  LFO ,  while  VB-2  uses
BBD  MN3207  again  modulated  by   LFO.
I  don't  think  you  can  make  mode  inside  TR-2  or  VB-2  to
get  what  you  want.

Mark Hammer

Seconded.

Although people may confuse or interchange the terms tremolo and vibrato, in this instance they use different technology.  Really and truly, the only thing that would be left after such an "adaptation" would be the switching, the LFO and parts of the usual input and output buffers in BOSS pedals.

Rodgre

I'd be interested to see if someone could devise some sort of circuit (R.G.'s Lera?) to do the attack effect of the VB-2 and apply it to another effect.

That's my favorite part of the VB-2. Otherwise, you can get a similar sound with a rack delay with modulation, set for about 4ms, all wet signal, and modulating the delay for vibrato effect.

On another similar note, which I will also post elsewhere, how about a simple description of how to preset two speeds on such an effect, and have a lag time between the speeds to get Leslie effects, like in my old DOD 690 chorus. By that same token, how about presetting two Depth settings, and morphing between them in a similar fashion to get slow onset?

Roger

12StringStratMaker

guess I was wishing for too much of a good thing, oh well... back to dreaming