$75 volume knob

Started by smoguzbenjamin, March 20, 2004, 12:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

Just making the pedal case, assembly, and handling is labor intensive...what IF [doubtful but] one gets to be a comeback.
 The other pedals shown on that page are quite reasonably priced.
 The Volume pedal does look to provide the least 'bang for Buck' on that page.
 For someone who wants diminished bang, and has not a drill or bit or iron etc. this volume gidget makes perfect sense.
 have a drill and all...then put a competing product/price up for sale on Ebay.
 I used to do well with any old [20$/used] compressor, set below unity, then kicked OFF for boost...worked just great.
 The 'pedal' [lol] sounded quite dynamic, and produced many shades of tone...I'm just curious about what the amp was that was used to record the clips...and about how many return questions like: 'this thing doesn't sound ANYthing like the soundclips !!!' have ben generated.
 The ad seemed clear enough to me, [no deception], I see no reason to expect the seller to go into the limitations of a product...box buyers should know..or may find out.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

smoguzbenjamin

I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Brian Marshall

Quote from: RodgreThis forum is a really unfair place to make calls on whether a pot and a cap are a rip off or not. Of course to US, it's a ripoff because we can all make the ultimate Fuzz Face in our sleep for $4,

i cant make any pedals for 4 dollars.  i might be able to get a dpdt switch.

I'd say on a good day any stomp box is going to cost you arround $20 minimum.

smoguzbenjamin

Never mind that, it's the idea that counts. Look at peter's program, it's amazing how difficult it is to compete in the pedal biz...... :roll:
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.