Help me redisign this schem...

Started by O'malley's Alley, May 04, 2004, 04:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

O'malley's Alley

I want to use a blinking led schematic for something I am building (photo resistor content stuff)  I took the blinking LED schematic from the 4ms tremulus lune, and it looks like this:

however, I do not want all those pots in there, just the speed one.  How can I redraw this to not have all the pots in it.  Or if anyone has a better blinking LED schematic with just a speed knob that would be much appreciated.
HCFX - Vamp_Hunter_D
GuitarGeek - mancubus22

O'malley's Alley

HCFX - Vamp_Hunter_D
GuitarGeek - mancubus22

O'malley's Alley

HCFX - Vamp_Hunter_D
GuitarGeek - mancubus22

RDV

O'malley's Alley

Thanks.  What does the switch do to the circuit?
HCFX - Vamp_Hunter_D
GuitarGeek - mancubus22

RDV

O'malley's Alley

ok thanks.  can I just not wire in the speaker and just have the LED circuit?
HCFX - Vamp_Hunter_D
GuitarGeek - mancubus22

RDV

Quote from: O'malley's Alleyok thanks.  can I just not wire in the speaker and just have the LED circuit?
I think so. I thought this might be closer to what you were looking for. You might not even need the cap, but I'm not sure.

RDV

petemoore

Ansil posted the schematic.
 Used a 555, and like four or five other parts, one being a 100k V/R speed adjuster, also the cap could be changed for wider speed ranges, IIRC the pot does about a 4X speed adjust range.
 I don't know if I can find the schem, but it's around here somewhere, only a few connections besides V+ and Gnd.
 Might click on same PS as an audio path OA er what, I was going to run separate supply for the blinker, if it did [and probably would] click.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Quote from: O'malley's Alleyok thanks.  can I just not wire in the speaker and just have the LED circuit?

I think you will need the speaker, but you can replace it with a low value resistor. Without the speaker (or resistor in that position) there is no feedback, and hence no oscillation, if my analysis is correct.

O'malley's Alley

does anyone have any IC based schems?
HCFX - Vamp_Hunter_D
GuitarGeek - mancubus22